Detroit Tigers World Series Thread

Heads22

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Oct 2, 2006 -> 05:48 AM)
I can't believe the Tigers brought Rogers in vs KC and he is going to be their Game 3 starter. That just shows how much they are pressing.

Yanks sweep.

The Tigers went 19-31 in their last 50 games. Talk about backing into the playoffs. So shameful that we couldn't take advantage. I agree. Yanks in a sweep.

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 3, 2006 -> 10:23 PM)
Jeter only 5-5 tonight. You just can't get him out in the playoffs/october. No matter what you think of him, he's awesome this time of year,

Not including today, his career playoff numbers were actually slightly below his career regular season numbers.

QUOTE(whitesox1976 @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 01:08 AM)
Tigers will be lucky to even win a game against the Yankees.

And that makes me appreciate the White Sox 2005 season all the more.

Sure, the Tigers were a great story, but it doesn't look like it'll equate to more than one win in the ALDS, if they're lucky. I'm glad we got the whole job done last year. I'll never forget that.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 05:27 AM)
And that makes me appreciate the White Sox 2005 season all the more.

Sure, the Tigers were a great story, but it doesn't look like it'll equate to more than one win in the ALDS, if they're lucky. I'm glad we got the whole job done last year. I'll never forget that.

I agree. I'm sure Tiger fans are comforting themselves with the idea that they'll automatically be back next season. I never would've imagined that the Sox would be out of the playoffs this season after last. And I'll be Cleveland was counting on being there, too.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Oct 1, 2006 -> 04:58 PM)
The tigers will not have a lead on the yankees the entire series. Book it, they are very lucky to be in the playoffs.

You were saying? :P

Tiggers now go home having split 2 in NY. Not a bad position to be in.

Go kitties! Knock those friggin' Yanks around. I'd love to see a Tigers/A's ALCS. An ALC representative, and Frank Thomas.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 6, 2006 -> 09:39 AM)
You were saying? :P

Tiggers now go home having split 2 in NY. Not a bad position to be in.

Go kitties! Knock those friggin' Yanks around. I'd love to see a Tigers/A's ALCS. An ALC representative, and Frank Thomas.

I'd rather have both ALC teams out of it.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 6, 2006 -> 10:14 AM)
I'd rather have both ALC teams out of it.

I like to see our division do well. The Twins got a little irritating this season though, so they can lose to the A's and I'm perfectly happy. But I'd love to see Detroit win it all. They remind me a lot of the 2005 Sox (not exactly, I know, but similar in some key areas).

Just as long as the Yankees lose.

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 05:13 PM)
Todd Jones >>> Zumaya

Ya know people get on Todd Jones' case all the time about being a crappy closer but he was injured early in the season and take a look at his ERA since the All Star break...1.80. That's pretty dang good.

That said, there's still no way in hell that Jones is better than Zumaya. lol