Detroit Tigers World Series Thread

Heads22

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 21, 2006 -> 10:01 PM)
If the Cards were going to win a game I thought it'd be this one. I expect Detroit to win the next 4.

I agree. I can see Weaver gone in 3 innings and a blow out tomorrow night. They get up with the gambler on the bump.

but i would also add that it would be so sweet to watch the kitties go into the tank....

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reyes gave the Cardinals 1/2 of their "Formula" wins yesterday. If Carpenter could pull off 2 wins for them, they need to go 2-3 in the other 5 games, which means they need to get 2 other pitchers to step up, and it couldn't be Suppan twice. They needed either Reyes or Weaver to step up in games 1 or 2.

They need 1 more win from someone other than Carpenter, and they need Carpenter to hold serve.

hey everybody, guess who went 36-38 after the All-Star break this year? that's right, the AL Champion Detroit Tigers! man, we blew it big-time this year.

but with the Tigers' mediocre second half record and the Cardinals' mediocre team, this makes for a close and hard-fought World Series that will fall on rightfully deaf ears.

QUOTE(joemg311 @ Oct 22, 2006 -> 09:20 PM)
ok, what was on kenny rogers hand, it really didnt look like pine tar. it looked like pooh from a pre game dump making it perhaps one of the most embarassing moments in baseball history.

I wish somebody would ask this. a s***ball would be innovative, and this World Series would be a good time to implement it. and so you know what I said that's censored, here's a hint: rhymes with spitball. or replace the "p" with an "h," in case you don't follow. take that, Soxtalk censors!

This post has been edited by the Soxtalk staff to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Oct 23, 2006 -> 02:27 AM)
I wish somebody would ask this. a s***ball would be innovative, and this World Series would be a good time to implement it. and so you know what I said that's censored, here's a hint: rhymes with spitball. or replace the "p" with an "h," in case you don't follow. take that, Soxtalk censors!

what an evil post... #666 of this thread to be exact... you should be baned =P

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Oct 22, 2006 -> 08:48 PM)
Kenny Rodgers shall be known as poopy hand for the amount of pine tar that was on his hand.

Kenny Rodgers called it dirt. A clump of dirt isnt yellow and doesnt glisten under the lights of the night.

If it were dirt...he would have just left it on there, so that when the umps examined his hands at the beginning of the 2nd inning, all theyd' find was dirt, and he'd be cleared.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 22, 2006 -> 10:50 PM)
If it were dirt...he would have just left it on there, so that when the umps examined his hands at the beginning of the 2nd inning, all theyd' find was dirt, and he'd be cleared.

Baseball tonight showed close ups from his hand from the Yank and A's series. It seems that he has a propensity to have dirt on his pitching hand. Its yellow dirt also which seems to be odd.

Ozzie should check the gamblers hand every other start next year.

QUOTE(CardsJimEdmonds15 @ Oct 22, 2006 -> 09:08 PM)
I have nothing to say on this.. Rogers said it was a clump of dirt.. Ha.. Either way the man shut us down.. that's all that's to be said.. wether he shoulda or not been pitching after the first..

The Cards did their jobs in games 1 and 2...they took 1 of the 2 games in Detroit. Now they get to hand it to Carpenter and Suppan in front of the home crowd. That's an enviable position to be in, at least to my eyes.

I didn't look through all 46 pages, but I attatched a photo I found of Kenny Rogers pitching against Oakland this season on July 5th. It shows the same brown smudge on his thumb. Combined with what ESPN found in his previous playoff starts, it's pretty damn obvious to me that Rogers was looking for an advantage. And I guess this can somewhat explain why he's had such a good season.

Edited by BobDylan

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Oct 22, 2006 -> 10:48 PM)
Kenny Rodgers shall be known as poopy hand for the amount of pine tar that was on his hand.

Kenny Rodgers called it dirt. A clump of dirt isnt yellow and doesnt glisten under the lights of the night.

And if it was dirt he would have noticed and wiped it on his pants or something. I'm sure if this goes six games Tony will make sure to umps check him out.

Just watched SportsCenter's discussion of Kenny Rogers' "dirty hand", and to the surprise of no one, Dusty Baker had no problem with Rogers having a substance on his hand because "let's face it, he's been dealing".

What a SHOCKER that the manager of Barry Bonds and Sammy Sosa would only be interested in the performance and not how the performance might have been "aided".

:bang to The Dust.