Detroit Tigers World Series Thread

Heads22

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Oct 25, 2006 -> 05:41 PM)
I think the rain out, if it happens, will benefit the Tigers. I think Bonderman will lose to Suppan, which leaves them down 3-1. They'll play game 5 on Friday and Leyland would probably skip Zoolander and let Rogers pitch on normal rest, especially facing elimination. Then he's got Verlander added rest and pitching at home if they get that far.

Bonderman's been the Tigers' second best pitcher behind Rogers in the post-season. I think we're in for quite the pitchers duel tomorrow night (or whenever this Game 4 is played).

Look at the matchups the rest of the way:

Bonderman vs Suppan

Verlander vs Reyes

Rogers vs Weaver/Carpenter

Robertson/Bonderman vs Carpenter/Suppan

Game 5 looks like the biggest question mark right now. Verlander has been the Tigers worst starter since about September (or so -- I'm guessing). Can Reyes throw another gem of a game, or will his command be off?

As a baseball fan, I think this series would be f***in' great to go seven games. I think that if it played out all the way through seven games -- and if the last two pitching matchups were Rogers v Carpenter and Bonderman v Suppan -- we'd be in for two real exciting, close games. That being said... I want to see St Louis win this thing as quickly as possible, for two reasons. First, I don't want to take any guff from Red Wings fan this hockey season, and second, I want the off-season to just get here ASAP so Kenny can start retooling this White Sox team.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Oct 26, 2006 -> 12:07 AM)
This has got to be some kinda record for most games pushed back because of rain for one post-season.

It'll tire the Tigers out for next year.. :ph34r:

And, it's another day we can still call the Sox the "Defending World Champs". :cheers

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 26, 2006 -> 10:59 AM)
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writ.../larussa.game3/

Some words from SI on the subject of pine tar-gate. Best explaination, LaRussa was worried his guys were doing it also.

Given the conditions I'd be shocked if the Cards pitchers weren't using some sort of substance as well. It was cold and rainy and having something like pine tar is about the only way you'd be able to get a solid grip on any sort of breaking pitch.

Granderson couldn't possibly feel worse than he does now.

This is one of those "goat" moments in the making.

Of course it won't be the sole reason they'll lose this game (if it so happens), but you can obviously tell his misplay disrupted Rodney. It'll be the point referenced after the series if the cArdinals win.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Oct 26, 2006 -> 10:15 PM)
Granderson couldn't possibly feel worse than he does now.

This is one of those "goat" moments in the making.

Of course it won't be the sole reason they'll lose this game (if it so happens), but you can obviously tell his misplay disrupted Rodney. It'll be the point referenced after the series if the cArdinals win.

Rodney is the clear goat here. He gave up the hit to Wilson that put St. Louis up 4-3, and he turned a throw I could make into a huge error. Granderson just slipped on a wet field.

I hope they pitch Rogers tomorrow and he's knocked out in the first inning.

As a diehard Sox fan, I do have to admit that Detroit's pitching is NASTY and it's going to stay that way for some time. Pudge came up huge tonight, showed why he's a HOF. They're just beating themselves. They'll learn from this. And it's still not over...

If the Cardinals finish this off, it continues to strengthen my theory that the MLB playoffs are about 90 percent luck. Not to diminish what teams do in October, but it's so much about luck. Hell, even us last year, if the A.J. play is called properly, we might go on the road down 2-0.

That's why it's so important to MAKE the playoffs, because anything can happen.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 26, 2006 -> 11:22 PM)
If the Cardinals finish this off, it continues to strengthen my theory that the MLB playoffs are about 90 percent luck. Not to diminish what teams do in October, but it's so much about luck. Hell, even us last year, if the A.J. play is called properly, we might go on the road down 2-0.

That's why it's so important to MAKE the playoffs, because anything can happen.

No offense but that's bull. For the most part, the best teams win in October(I don't care what anyone says) but there are obviously exceptions to every rule and this might be one of them. I'm embarrassed right now to watch this damn thing. The Tigers are disgracing themselves and I'm really starting to dislike Cardinal fans(a few bad apples for every fan base, unfortunately I'm in Cards territory now). The thought of an 83 win team winning a championship does kind of make me sick though, not going to lie.

Edited by Rowand44