Sox Acquire Alomar for Lamura, Widger DFA'd

Guest JimH

QUOTE(CySox @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 10:41 PM)
No, I always thought Rongey was an idiot. I personally can't stand him, and I think he is one of the worst pre/post game guys the sox have had. I wish we could bring back the guy from last year. His names escapes me right now...

Duck

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CySox @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 05:41 PM)
No, I always thought Rongey was an idiot. I personally can't stand him, and I think he is one of the worst pre/post game guys the sox have had. I wish we could bring back the guy from last year. His names escapes me right now...

I liked that guy too. The Dodge people gave him a car to drive around during the season, and he always gave them airtime and a lot of pub. With all the mentions, he deserved better than the Neon they let him use.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 03:37 PM)
He'd know better than anyone else.

Great research

Thanks, just finished it up with all of his starts. Only reason I looked is I remember a few Dodgers saying how he's really good to pitch to but I also remember someone telling me that he always catches the really bad players (some fan called into the Dodger station and whoever the Dodger radio guy was brought up this info about who he actually caught).

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 03:43 PM)
I liked that guy too. The Dodge people gave him a car to drive around during the season, and he always gave them airtime and a lot of pub. With all the mentions, he deserved better than the Neon they let him use.

Bryan Dolgin is the guy you are thinking of.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 03:41 PM)
Back-up catcher ERA;s can be deceiving no question. Sandy's has generally been higher than the team's ERA for his entire career however. The White Sox have always thought very highly of him, and think he's a future major league manager. IIRC they tried to get him to retire a couple years ago, and make him a coach or manager somewhere in the organization.

Ya, I know the organization has always raved about Sandy. He is a veteran that fits in very well and goes about his business in a professional way yet he's still willing to help out the young kids too.

QUOTE(CySox @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 05:41 PM)

Brian Dolgin, I think....

QUOTE(CySox @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 03:41 PM)

That i understand. But from here on out the site is trying to do away with posts calling anyone an idiot because it really doesn't say much. If you just say I don't think too highly of Rongey because he is one of the worse pre/post game guys the Sox have had, imo.

Im actually happy with Alomar back... if he isnt used that much I think he can still hit for a good avg. too. If I remember correctly he started off pretty well his last season with us but than probably from being over-used since we had no trust in Olivo he started to cool off and avg. went down fast.

Wow, Lamura for Sandy. That's over paying imo. Lamura has a pretty damn good arm and could be a decent reliever one of these years. I think BJ could have maybe been a decent throw in, in a larger deal. Wish we could have given up a Munoz type...

Edited by Rowand44