Could Kenny make a huge deal?

GreatScott82

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 09:57 AM)
I think the Yankees would be stupid to trade him, and I also don't buy the reason a lot of "experts" think the Yankees have to trade him.......because its chic to boo him and he'll never be able to turn around the boos. Didn't Giambi turn around the boos fairly quickly? All he needs is a hot week or 2 that you know is just around the corner, and he'll be back. I do think he would be an even better player outside of NY, but the guy was the MVP last year.

I think it boils down to this....if the Yankees make the playoffs and ARod takes them somewhere, they'll love him again and they'll keep him. If the Yankees fail to make the playoffs or they make the playoffs and ARod has a marginal series, he'll be villified and be dealt.

The main problem for any team trying to acquire ARod?

Under the terms of the deal with the Rangers, the Yankees are receiving some $52 million of the remaining $108 million on ARod's 10-year deal between 2007. and 2010. I can't see them dealing ARod without a hell of a lot coming back when they "only" are paying him $14 million/year.

Edited by iamshack

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 09:38 AM)
I think KW was being sarcastic and just screwing around with his comments the other day. IF ARod is available, he would be an awesome addition to any team.

ARod's a great player, and we're not trading for him because he would cripple the payroll.

End of story - nothing to see here, move along.

QUOTE(iamshack @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 08:03 AM)
The main problem for any team trying to acquire ARod?

Under the terms of the deal with the Rangers, the Yankees are receiving some $52 million of the remaining $108 million on ARod's 10-year deal between 2007. and 2010. I can't see them dealing ARod without a hell of a lot coming back when they "only" are paying him $14 million/year.

The Yankees would still get to keep that money UNLESS they negotiated with another team to give it up.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 10:37 AM)
The Yankees would still get to keep that money UNLESS they negotiated with another team to give it up.

And the Yankees would certainly have to give some of that money to the team taking on ARod, because the Yankees are the ONLY team that can take on $27 million for one player.

Which makes it difficult for the Yankees to rationalize dealing him. Right now they have an amazing offensive player at a reasonable (for them, anyways) price. Why try and deal that away?

The only reason they do is if the situation gets so out of control that they have no other choice.