7/24 Game Thread: Twins vs. Sox

Wedge

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Javy is one kind of pitcher with no one on, another with runners on. The key is have Coop and Vaz finally figured out a plan to help correct Javy when runners are on.

I really think they are close and at one point tonight we may find out. Now lets get Javy some runs.

Tyner really hit a nice FB by Vazquez ( good piece of hitting). I've immediately noticed that Vaz is throwing different with a runner on. We'll see if he switches things up from time to time, but he's using a full leg kick with the runner on.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 07:41 PM)
Walk and we have runners on the corners with Punto coming up. The runner got to 3rd on what I'd deem a passed ball.

dont wet the bed javy, come on now

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 07:40 PM)
Laz Diaz is not a good umpire.

Outside = strike

a little bit high = ball

I don't like how deliberate he is with his strike call. It bothers me for some reason.

Javy needs to make a couple good pitches here, I would rather not see Mauer with the bases loaded.

Javy makes the necessary pitches. I like the fact he's went to the bigger leg kick, but I think he'll have to mix in his lower one just a bit to ensure that runners don't get insane jumps on him.

But I had no problem with him focusing on Punto instead of the runner cause the last thing I wanted was Mauer up.

That's the thing about Javy: he'll avoid a couple of big innings before finally melting down. Hopefully he's turning the corner.

Anyone remember that one game where he threw over a hundred pitches before the first, but he kept loading the bases and then working through them before getting burnt?

Javier's a brinksman.