7/24 Game Thread: Twins vs. Sox

Wedge

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 09:39 PM)
And the Twins are pouring it on. I'd bring in Tracey here, and save Riske for tomorrow. This game iz OVA

Tracey got sent down. I'm now starting to understand why the Red Sox traded Riske.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 07:40 PM)
Tracey got sent down. I'm now starting to understand why the Red Sox traded Riske.

Oops i didnt hear that, I also forgot about Macdougal

Edited by CYGarland

Remember the good old days when we'd lead off with a walk/single. Said base runner would steal or move to second, and move to third on a groundball, then score on a sacrifice fly?

It wasn't flashy, but it worked. Now I'm just sad.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 09:36 PM)
rongeyweb.jpg

"Vazquez can build on this start after looking great for the first 5 innings..."

I think they looked great, and just came up a bit short today. Just tip your cap to a shutdown pitching staff, we have run into a lot of those lately. But I dont believe this will last too long, or at least I hope it wont. Well lets go to our Dodge drive of the game, it goes to Joe Mauer who hit a cookie over the center field stands.

Ozzie has announced that Dye, Konkero and Thome wont be in the lineup tomorrow. Good for him, we need them rested so we can battle the royals soon.

pinkbunnyrongey.jpg

Its time for KW to face it. Vazquez cannot get it done in the AL. Trade his ass for something, and move BMAC into the rotation. That is the best path for this team right now. McD takes BMAC's spot, or whoever we get for Vaz. Its time to hunker down. BMAC gave us great showings against good teams last year in the 2nd half, its time for Garland, BMAC, and the count to carry this team through its slump.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 09:42 PM)
"Stop worrying about the pitching. This offense will never slow down." --- Just about everybody 2 and half weeks ago.

I knew the offense would slow down at some point. I was just hoping that by that time the pitching (mainly the starters) would've gotten its act together by now. Other than Garland, that hasn't been anywhere near the case.

I can't wait to tell my grandkids this story some day:

"Children, back in 2005 the White Sox had a magical season. They won the World Series for the first time in 88 years. The following year we all thought they would do better but their general manager traded for a played called Javier '$hitty pitcher' Vazquez. We called him that because he was a $hitty pitcher."

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 07:43 PM)
And even then we have to find a way to score a run against Santana. That's why tonight's game was so huge. It's almost an automatic loss when we see Johan.

This game was the pivotal one IMO, i figured we'd lose tomorrow and win on Wednesday, but since it's very likely were going to lose this one, we need Jose to shut em down tomorrow, and I'm sure 1 guy will hit at least a solo dinger off Santana, we usually do, but that seems to be it.