7/24 Game Thread: Twins vs. Sox

Wedge

QUOTE(Balance @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 09:42 PM)
Our offense is this sad and tired-

TiredBassets.jpg

Check these numbers out. Over the last seven days the Sox have hit .210 with an .OBP of .280. That's pathetic. The really sad thing is that in that same period the Sox have wasted some pretty good pitching, holding opponents to a .229 average and .304 .OBP. The worst offenders during the offensive slump as measured by .OBP are A.J. at .95, Scottie at .190, Thome at .250 and Crede at .318. They'll come out of it, but those numbers are wicked bad!

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 09:47 PM)
I can't wait to tell my grandkids this story some day:

"Children, back in 2005 the White Sox had a magical season. They won the World Series for the first time in 88 years. The following year we all thought they would do better but their general manager traded for a played called Javier '$hitty pitcher' Vazquez. We called him that because he was a $hitty pitcher."

Will that be a sub-chapter in the story of the "Greatest Five Man Rotation I Have Ever Seen"?

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 02:06 AM)
Nice 3-1 big fat "hit me" pitch by Cotts there.

This is why Minnesota has been winning and the Sox haven't lately, they execute when they have opportunities. Sox don't, on either side of the ball ... either bad pitches or failure to come thru with the clutch hit.

The Twins and Tigers are playing superior baseball to us. When Tyner and Punto are looking like Rod Carew at the plate, you know things are going right. It's real simple...either we start playing better, or we won't make the playoffs. The last thing we can afford to do is fall 3 or 4 games behind the Twins. As was shown in the past, it's very hard to make up games on a team where 2/5 of the rotation is nasty.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 09:52 PM)
we will beat Santana.

we will beat Santana

we will beat Santana.

say it.

think it.

believe it.

live it.

I am going with a line of 10 strikeouts, 3 hits, one solo homer for the sox and a 3-1 loss.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 02:52 AM)
we will beat Santana.

we will beat Santana

we will beat Santana.

say it.

think it.

believe it.

live it.

beat santana?!?! have you seen our offense? they live or die by the long ball. no way in hell we can beat santana like that. i say we lose 3-2 tommorow