Anyone involved in politics at all?

southsider2k5

I know a couple of people have done some stuff in the past, or at least been involved with campaigns, but I am contemplated kicking off my own personal reign of terror campaign and was thinking about putting together a website with my own plans for reviving my hometown. The question is, how do you get the word out about something like this with less than zero funds to put into it?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 01:11 PM)
I know a couple of people have done some stuff in the past, or at least been involved with campaigns, but I am contemplated kicking off my own personal reign of terror campaign and was thinking about putting together a website with my own plans for reviving my hometown. The question is, how do you get the word out about something like this with less than zero funds to put into it?

I'm no expert, but I can provide you with one particular piece of information about money...

It doesn't need to be yours. I am not sure what level of office you are planning to run at, but even at as low a level as a city council (and certainly for anything higher than that), you need to get in contact with two people - a party representative, and a fundraiser. The party rep can help you find the latter.

This is all, unless, you are running as an independent. Then, things get a little more interesting.

And if you are talking like school board or something, then its just plain old sweat equity.

I'll PM you a couple names.

I am actually applying to fill in to finish a term with the schoolboard, but my interests are at the city level somewhere. I have had a basic idea for a three point plan rolling in my head for sometime now, but haven't been able to figure out how to get it off of the chalkboard, and into reality.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 01:17 PM)
I am actually applying to fill in to finish a term with the schoolboard, but my interests are at the city level somewhere. I have had a basic idea for a three point plan rolling in my head for sometime now, but haven't been able to figure out how to get it off of the chalkboard, and into reality.

Talk to everyone. Talk to every person on the school board, and every person on that city council. Get all the perspectives. And when you find some folks you like, and they are willing to talk, then start plying them for information. Many politicians love the idea of helping someone start a new career in the field (which surprises me every time).

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 01:20 PM)
Talk to everyone. Talk to every person on the school board, and every person on that city council. Get all the perspectives. And when you find some folks you like, and they are willing to talk, then start plying them for information. Many politicians love the idea of helping someone start a new career in the field (which surprises me every time).

Yeah, I have started working on that, at least at the basic stages. I already started getting involved with groups like the YMCA on the committee level, and working on trying to rub elbows with some of the people in the community. It ought to be interesting, because there aren't that many republicans in my area, but at the sametime, lots of my ideas for Michigan City, aren't very conservative either.

PS I saw in your PM you mentioned REx, but I know he is in Brazil for a while... Funny fact, we are both from the same hometown, so I do plan on talking to him a bit when he gets back. We have had some good conversations about MC over the years.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 01:23 PM)
Yeah, I have started working on that, at least at the basic stages. I already started getting involved with groups like the YMCA on the committee level, and working on trying to rub elbows with some of the people in the community. It ought to be interesting, because there aren't that many republicans in my area, but at the sametime, lots of my ideas for Michigan City, aren't very conservative either.

PS I saw in your PM you mentioned REx, but I know he is in Brazil for a while... Funny fact, we are both from the same hometown, so I do plan on talking to him a bit when he gets back. We have had some good conversations about MC over the years.

I see the slogan now...

Southsider2K5: 41,555 posts can't be wrong!

OR

Southsider2K5: Drunk with Power!!!

:lol: