Boone Logan

Heads22

I know a lot of you don't want to see him again, but he recorded another save, striking out the side today. He's given up 3 hits and 2 walks in his last eleven innings, which means people are batting under .100 against him.

He's an actual prospect at this point, racking up saves at Charlotte. It didn't work out for him the first time, but I would expect him back in September.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 02:18 PM)
I know a lot of you don't want to see him again, but he recorded another save, striking out the side today. He's given up 3 hits and 2 walks in his last eleven innings, which means people are batting under .100 against him.

He's an actual prospect at this point, racking up saves at Charlotte. It didn't work out for him the first time, but I would expect him back in September.

I was leading the get him out of town bandwagon...

It's great to see him perform well in AAA. Hope to see him back up here in September!

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 02:18 PM)

Whatever has clicked with Logan -- whether that's twinging his delivery or developing control -- he has pitched unbelieveable as of late.

Aside from his low BAA, Logan has missed bats. I recall information provided on the Sox game several days ago where he had 15/16 strikeouts in his last 10 innings, and that was prior to these recent appearances where the totals have increased.

I'd have to imagine any promotion is held off until September, unless an injury occurs or Tracey is replaced. Of course this discussion could prove unneccessary if Williams ships him around the trade deadline.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 12:40 PM)
Whatever has clicked with Logan -- whether that's twinging his delivery or developing control -- he has pitched unbelieveable as of late.

Aside from his low BAA, Logan has missed bats. I recall information provided on the Sox game several days ago where he had 15/16 strikeouts in his last 10 innings, and that was prior to these recent appearances where the totals have increased.

I'd have to imagine any promotion is held off until September, unless an injury occurs or Tracey is replaced. Of course this discussion could prove unneccessary if Williams ships him around the trade deadline.

I really liked how the kid looked in terms of his delivery and throwing ability when he was up here in the Spring...he had a very sneaky delivery combined with a fastball that was a lot more explosive than the low-90's he was recording.

The only problem was the same problem a lot of kids have, especially if they're killed early by a Travis Hafner...they're so scared about getting crushed that they become scared to go after a hitter. So they wind up falling behind in counts, walking people, and having batters sitting on the fastball.

Even at the major league level, batters had trouble squaring up on him. The problem was he was a little over his head and wasn't getting used enough. Its hard for any guy, especially one thats coming from A ball, to be able to pitch successfully when they are rarely out there.

Obviously he had some major mental gaffes (fielding wise) but he's made some serious strides in Charlotte and is a legit major league reliever and I think a lot of teams would like having a lefty like that (even if he is rather unproven).

Glad to see Boone doing so well, going from A to the bigs is HUGE, and he is only 21. Our BP appears to be locked up for a while though with both Cotts and Thornton, and honestly i don't see Logan as a AAAA ala Lopez, i think he is the real deal, and in time he will get his chance to shine again, i'd like to be with the Sox but then again we all know how valued LOOGYs are and how KW likes to operate. I still say hes got the rudest name ever, the kind of name you would let into traffic and it wouldn't wave back.

GL Boone.

QUOTE(Stocking @ Jul 27, 2006 -> 11:49 AM)
Not very insightful, but that kid has the biggest F'in feet ever. looks like he wears clown shoes on the rubber :lolhitting

Yes, someone else who agrees with me. I call him the clown and It has nothing to do with the way he pitches, he just looks like a clown on the rubber.