Sox get Mike MacDougal for Tyler Lumsden and Daniel Cortes

maggsmaggs

If MacDougal is tied up through 2008, then this was a deal well worth making. We need pitching, and if we can't fix our rotation, we had damn well better have an airtight bullpen.

The only problem with that theory is that Ozzie then has to use the bullpen properly. Which means yanking starters like Vazquez at the very first sign of concern.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 03:45 PM)
Acquired pitcher Mike MacDougal from the Kansas City Royals for minor league pitchers Tyler Lumsden and Daniel Cortes.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/transactions

everyone is gonna spiff that it was lumsden, but macdougal has an arm just like jenks and thornton...that back end of our pen throws gasssss

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 03:37 PM)
Or Brandon jumps on a flight to DC . . .

ESPN News just reported the deal, and they mentioned that MacDougal could take BMacs spot if/when he goes to Washington.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 03:40 PM)
I don't think I'll ever understand why people here spiff a brick when a "good" prospect is traded. If I had a dollar for all the SURE prospects that came into town and did absolutely nothing, I wouldn't need a job.

Prospects are nothing more than prospects until they do something.

i lolled at that

QUOTE(G&T @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 01:46 PM)
ESPN News just reported the deal, and they mentioned that MacDougal could take BMacs spot if/when he goes to Washington.

I think we should try to find a way to jam KW's cell phone so as to prevent this from happening.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 03:47 PM)
I like the deal. MacDougal has good stuff. Cortes didn't thrill me. Lumsden is a good arm to give up, but MacDougal is a good arm we should have for a few years. :headbang

My sentiments exactly, I can't wait to see MacDougal's power arm in the Sox' pen. KW knew this team needed a proven righty setup man and he got the job done.

The White Sox can not possibly use all of the prospects they have on the major league roster. Hence, it is ok to trade some. There are not a lot of pitchers on the current roster that will be leaving in the next 3 years. I still like what we have in our minor leagues right now.

Edited by Greg The Bull Luzinski

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 03:48 PM)
i hope he's willing to hit batters or his ass is gonna be in AAA

:lol:

I'm with Kalapse and danman on this one. MacDougal has great stuff. When you mix gas like Thornton, MacDougal, and Jenks...wow.