Sox get Mike MacDougal for Tyler Lumsden and Daniel Cortes

maggsmaggs

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 04:01 PM)
if the sox were to get soriano and resign him to a long term deal, would u still be upset if the deal happened?

>offman reported about the sox inquiring about c-lee too. like that makes sense.

yes because I think McCarthy is going be among the Best pitchers in Baseball for many years to come

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Lumsden was a favorite among a lot of posters here... but his lack of K's kind of worry me and I think he might have a lot of trouble getting out major leaguers... maybe a future RP.

I kind of liked Cortes but he is in low A and any low A prospect I dont hold that much value to.

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 04:03 PM)
yes because I think McCarthy is going be among the Best pitchers in Baseball for many years to come

i think he'll be good, but not one of the best. he reminds me a lot like buehrle, a right handed version. and as we all know, if u dont have great stuff, u better be able to locate it. imo, i dont think he will be any better than buehrle.

QUOTE(bmags @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 04:05 PM)
this could be a very stupid question.

Does soriano play CF?

i really just do not follow NL i'm sorry.

LF

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 04:05 PM)
i think he'll be good, but not one of the best. he reminds me a lot like buehrle, a right handed version. and as we all know, if u dont have great stuff, u better be able to locate it. imo, i dont think he will be any better than buehrle.

Buerhle turned out to be pretty good (except for recently)

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 04:05 PM)

I think Bmac will win 15 games, but not 20.

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 09:05 PM)
LF

okay...bare with me guys...i'm gonna need like a tim mccarver simplified explanation for my dumb ass

does pods move to center than?

Is soriano good in LF

How much D are we losing for 20 more home runs ?

QUOTE(bmags @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 04:07 PM)
okay...bare with me guys...i'm gonna need like a tim mccarver simplified explanation for my dumb ass

Is soriano good in LF

Pods would move to center

I think Soriano actually has a good number of outfield assists, but Pods would be a mess in center

I think Dye should play center and move Pods to right

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 02:23 PM)
KW's got one thing on his mind, win it again. NOW.

Go kenny go...

KW's got one thing on his mind, win it again. NOW.

Go kenny go...

If those Soriano rumors are accurate then it's clear Kenny has a severe case of amnesia. All last year the talk was about Small Ball, Pitching and Defense. Hence, championship. Now suddenly we want to trade McCarthy while Buerhle, Freddy and Vazquez are struggling? And to bring in a bat who is a free agent at the end of the year? Soriano is a superstar talent but if we learned anything from last year, it's that pitching wins. Even the Astros were testament to that after losing Beltran and going to the WS.

Is soriano good in LF

How much D are we losing for 31 more home runs ?

Is soriano good in LF

Soriano in LF, Anderson in CF = :)

Soriano in LF, Pods in CF = DEATH

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 04:08 PM)
Pods would move to center

I think Soriano actually has a good number of outfield assists, but Pods would be a mess in center

I think Dye should play center and move Pods to right

Pods has negative throwing strength so that would be damn pathetic and Dye is incredibly slow in the OF now a days so yeah, the Sox would probably missout on the Playoffs with that defensive OF.

QUOTE(FlaCWS @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 04:08 PM)
If those Soriano rumors are accurate then it's clear Kenny has a severe case of amnesia. All last year the talk was about Small Ball, Pitching and Defense. Hence, championship. Now suddenly we want to trade McCarthy while Buerhle, Freddy and Vazquez are struggling? And to bring in a bat who is a free agent at the end of the year? Soriano is a superstar talent but if we learned anything from last year, it's that pitching wins. Even the Astros were testament to that after losing Beltran and going to the WS.

theres a lot of talk though that we wouldnt keep him. we would trade him. they would make this deal to block minn and detroit from acquiring him.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 04:11 PM)
theres a lot of talk though that we wouldnt keep him. we would trade him. they would make this deal to block minn and detroit from acquiring him.

To Seattle.. :ph34r:

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 02:05 PM)
I know Lumsden was a favorite among a lot of posters here... but his lack of K's kind of worry me and I think he might have a lot of trouble getting out major leaguers... maybe a future RP.

I kind of liked Cortes but he is in low A and any low A prospect I dont hold that much value to.

Would it help if I told you this was the exact plan the Sox have with Lummy. I've talked to numerous people and they worked with him on pitching to contact, especially this season, because they felt it would help aid him in terms of rebuilding his arm strength and being able to go deeper in games without putting as much stress on his arm.

Personally I like that plan in general, but when he needs to he is very capable of getting a strikeout, but with no one on he's out there pitching to contact (hitting his spots, being agressive and giving his fielders a chance).