Possible trade for Carlos Lee?

soxpride77

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 04:03 PM)
the Minneapolis Star Trib says the Twins are the front runner for C-Lee

Funny how that works, the Tigers are the supposed front runners for Soriano and all of a sudden the Sox jump in there are as a possible destination now the Twins are front runners for Carlos and KW throws his hat in the ring once again.

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 04:03 PM)
the Minneapolis Star Trib says the Twins are the front runner for C-Lee

I'd love to see Carlos play LF everyday in that Dome. I seem to remember him losing many balls in the lights.

Very interesting. I don't see where Lee would work since Pods really isn't an option in CF.

I have to think there is something going on or in KW's mind that none of us are thinking about or know of. Whether he has another move in mind (Paulie or Thome being moved for some major piece that frees up a DH spot for one of these bats) or we are going to acquire a new leadoff hitter.

Maybe we get Soriano and than deal him and uribe for Furcal, cash, Broxton, and a boatload of prospects? Just throwing something out there cause Soriano could make some sense since he leads off, but Lee none.

Lee? I don't see that happening. Remember how he was moved out of here because he didn't fit the "Ozzie Ball" mold? He's not the kind of guy who will slide hard into second base to break up a double play....

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 04:13 PM)
Very interesting. I don't see where Lee would work since Pods really isn't an option in CF.

I have to think there is something going on or in KW's mind that none of us are thinking about or know of. Whether he has another move in mind (Paulie or Thome being moved for some major piece that frees up a DH spot for one of these bats) or we are going to acquire a new leadoff hitter.

Maybe we get Soriano and than deal him and uribe for Furcal, cash, Broxton, and a boatload of prospects? Just throwing something out there cause Soriano could make some sense since he leads off, but Lee none.

Oh my, I'd be pissed if we got rid of Thome.

I don't think Lee is happening.

Interesting thought here, how about acquiring C. Lee just to flip him for Soriano. The Brewers have all but said they don't think they can afford to resign him....Interesting...

Probably far from happening, but a 3 teamer including Sox, Nats, Brewers, could make for some very interesting rosters.

QUOTE(Hanger @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 12:26 PM)
Interesting thought here, how about acquiring C. Lee just to flip him for Soriano. The Brewers have all but said they don't think they can afford to resign him....Interesting...

Probably far from happening, but a 3 teamer including Sox, Nats, Brewers, could make for some very interesting rosters.

Bowden's looking to move Soriano because he's a free agent after the year. Thus, he'd have no interest in Carlos Lee, because he's a free agent after this year.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 12:28 PM)
Bowden's looking to move Soriano because he's a free agent after the year. Thus, he'd have no interest in Carlos Lee, because he's a free agent after this year.

Ahh good point, ok, question then, at this stage of their careers, who gets the bigger contract? Soriano or C. Lee? I think arguements could be made for both, but your probably right, why trade Soriano, just to have to fight C. Lee for a contract, unless somehow it could be done as a sign/trade.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 04:13 PM)

Now heres a guy following along. Kenny obviously DOESNT want the Tigers/Twinks to get stronger, for that will be the last you hear of the SOX this season. However, I also think there will be a 3 team deal happening with us being shocked at one of our players being moved to acquire someone