Manager of the Year

Gregory Pratt

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 02:54 AM)
I think that whoever wins the Central this year, between us, Minnesota and Detroit, deserves it.

Toronto's maybe if they battled back to win their division, but otherwise, one of those three.

Disagreement?

I think if the Yankees get to the playoffs with the lineup they have been marching out there lately and a underperforming A-ROD I would go with Joe Torre

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 10:11 PM)
I think if the Yankees get to the playoffs with the lineup they have been marching out there lately and a underperforming A-ROD I would go with Joe Torre

You know, I'd like that, too, but I really think that whatever team wins the Central deserves it.

QUOTE(Bonderman38 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 08:30 PM)
Leyland. Gardenhire in a close second.

Agreed. If the Twins and Tigers make it, it will be a very close race with Leyland pulling out. If the Twins and Sox make it than Gardy goes.

I don't think the Twins and Sox would make it, rather it will be the Tigers and one of the Sox, Twins and Yanks/BoSox

Leyland, unless Detroit chokes, in which case Torre. No way does Ozzie get it this year. One, even if the Sox win the division or get the wild card, it'll be attributed to the talent, not the manager. Two, Ozzie has probably managed to alienate enough sports writers for one thing or another, for this year at least.