7/25 Game Thread

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 07:23 PM)
Our other LF'er likes to leave his on his shoulder watching the pitch dwon the middle of the plate.

Thank you Thome.

There is our run.

Pods takes close calls. He doesn't stare down the middle of the plate very often, and that's a stretch.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 05:26 PM)
Dont get cocky over the solo homer in the first. We have hit solo homers off of Johan before.

If I recall correctly, back in 04, Carlos Lee hit a 2 out homer in the first in a Santana vs. Garland game, and that was all Garland needed.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 12:24 AM)
Pods takes close calls. He doesn't stare down the middle of the plate very often, and that's a stretch.

He takes more than his fair share of pitches right down the plate. He often guesses on pitches with two strikes, and he'll take a lot of curves right down the plate.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 07:26 PM)
Dont get cocky over the solo homer in the first. We have hit solo homers off of Johan before.

Well, reason for optimism, 1 run and I think Santana threw over 20 pitches that inning.

Hawk, "we've had some lefties that havent hit Santana well over the years." Thats something of an understatement

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 12:27 AM)
If I recall correctly, back in 04, Carlos Lee hit a 2 out homer in the first in a Santana vs. Garland game, and that was all Garland needed.

That was a great game. We swept that series....and still got destroyed by the Twins in the 2nd half.