7/25 Game Thread

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 12:33 AM)
Man Tyner hits us hard. Did it at the end of last year too. Of course most of Minny's hits are finding holes which always helps.

He's swinging the bat well so far. We need to keep changing speeds. Contreras' fastball hasn't been good enough lately where he can throw it pitch after pitch like he has in the past.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE($I Need Money$ @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 07:37 PM)
Tigers are rallying back

We are 7 1/2 out of the division. Lets worry about the team 2 behind us, that we are playing. Until we break the 5 game threshold again, we arent in the division.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 12:37 AM)
Well hopefully some of our righties have a plan tonight against Santana. When you get a fastball crush it.

It looks like we're taking until we get a strike. Santana's just going to throw first pitch fastball, and our hitter will be down in the count. We've tried to work the count against Santana in the past, and he'd make it to the 7th giving up like one run.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 05:38 PM)
Tigers remind me of the Sox last season... no lead is safe...

Actually with the Sox last year, plenty of leads were safe, because we didn't have the offense that could catch up. We just didn't give up many leads that were bigger that what our offense could do.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 06:37 PM)
detroit is playing some amazing baseball

That they are. They are just incredible at crushing bad teams. I've never seen a good team just dominate the bad teams like they have. Doesn't spell good news for the playoffs, especially with Rogers continuing fall, but I don't think they have to worry abotu getting there with the amount of times they get to play KC and Cleveland down the stretch.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 05:39 PM)
It looks like we're taking until we get a strike. Santana's just going to throw first pitch fastball, and our hitter will be down in the count. We've tried to work the count against Santana in the past, and he'd make it to the 7th giving up like one run.

Yeah, but when we've tried not being patient, and swinging at either the first or second pitch, Santana will make it to the 9th inning and give up 1 run.

I think that for the time being all we can worry about is holding on to the Wild Card. If we cathc Detroit great, but otherwise we have to worry about just staying in competition. I keep hearing from the braodcasters about how the Tigers are due for a down streak, but it might not happen so we need to be concerbned about just beating the Twins and Yankees and Red Sox, et al, right now.