7/25 Game Thread

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 12:49 AM)
Ever since Mr count has come back from the DL, he is pretty much sidearm only. What happened to going over the top. He is leaving a lot of his fastballs up and over the plate.

I went back and watched some of his best games from last year. In those games, he would throw fastball after fastball on the inside corner to righties. Hitters had no chance at the 95 mph fastball, and they'd hit weak grounders to the left side. If he got two strikes, he'd almost always throw at least one forkball. I think he's lost 2 mph on his fastball this year (what else is new).

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 06:55 PM)
Given who he's facing today, I'd settle for a single.

I suppose it is a little much to ask. But last night just got me thinking that BA hits 'all' of his HR in the ninth inning. Just kinda strange.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 07:56 PM)
I suppose it is a little much to ask. But last night just got me thinking that BA hits 'all' of his HR in the ninth inning. Just kinda strange.

The same reason pablo saves all of his homers for the 9th.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 12:56 AM)

I have a very honest question, and it's not meant to bash Anderson......has his offense contributed to any wins this season since the first game of the year?