7/25 Game Thread

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 01:27 AM)
Baseball's best offense right thurr.

Yes. :P

Sorry, it should have read...the rest of the year. Does he already have a hit against them so far this season?

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 01:27 AM)
Didn't he already get sawed off and have one against Johan in the first game?

See my post below yours.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Big inning here for Contreras.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 01:28 AM)
feels like I'm just waiting around to watch minny score again and put the nail in the coffin. I hate feeling like this.

I have a feeling there's 25 people in the 3rd base dugout who fear the same thing.

Is it possible to win a baseball game 1-1?

I'm tired of bed wettings against Santana. Take extra video, lay down a bunt, adopt a plan between hitters of alternating which pitch to look for; do something.

You can't just sit back and shrug your shoulders. If we're going to get 1 run off Santana and Liriano the remaining outtings, might as well forfeit them now. Our pitchers are nowhere near their talent. Even with Contreras batting Santana tonight, no one can tell me they're comparable.

I just have that feeling Contreras will be the first to make a mistake. More than an additional two runs added onto their run total and it won't look too good for us.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 08:28 PM)
feels like I'm just waiting around to watch minny score again and put the nail in the coffin. I hate feeling like this.

No doubt. Doesn't matter who's on the mound for our opponent. Seems like we have little chance to get more than 3 runs per game.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 08:29 PM)

I'm tired of bed wettings against Santana. Take extra video, lay down a bunt, adopt a plan between hitters of alternating which pitch to look for; do something.

You can't just sit back and shrug your shoulders. If we're going to get 1 run off Santana and Liriano the remaining outtings, might as well forfeit them now. Our pitchers are nowhere near the talent. Even with Contreras batting Santana tonight, no one can tell me they're comparable.

I just have that feeling Contreras will be the first to make a mistake. More than an additional two runs added onto their run total and it won't look too good for us.

Starts with Pablo next inning.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 01:29 AM)

You can't just sit back and shrug your shoulders. If we're going to get 1 run off Santana and Liriano the remaining outtings, might as well forfeit them now. Our pitchers are nowhere near their talent. Even with Contreras batting Santana tonight, no one can tell me they're comparable.

Santana and Liriano are the reason that if we fall 4 or 5 games back in the WC standings to the Twins, it's going to be extremely hard to catch them. Those two guys make it very hard to have an extended losing streak.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 08:29 PM)
Starts with Pablo next inning.

Funny, of all our team members he consistently puts up quality AB's against Santana.

Even the AB's he's recording outs Pablo appears comfortable.

I wouldn't mind if he attempted a bunt early in the count. Even if it's popped up or right to a defender, hits are far between for our offense against him as it is. Might as well try something else.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 08:34 PM)
Funny, of all our team members he consistently puts up quality AB's against Santana.

Even the AB's he's recording outs Pablo appears comfortable.

I wouldn't mind if he attempted a bunt early in the count. Even if it's popped up or right to a defender, hits are far between for our offense against him as it is. Might as well try something else.

Gooch's first game last year against santana he put the pall in play real well. Then after that he was done.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 08:34 PM)
Gooch's first game last year against santana he put the pall in play real well. Then after that he was done.

Perhaps he started listening to Greg Walker after that game.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 01:34 AM)

He was keeping his hands back, and just flipping the bat at the changeup.