7/25 Game Thread

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I printing this one out and putting it on my fridge.

I nearly spit pepsi on my laptop.

Good for you ... WTF. You are easily amused I guess.

Maybe put it on your blog. It would easily be one of your better entries. WTF dude.

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 02:06 AM)
he pitched a good game still, had the one bad pitch that turned into a popup caught in the wind, leave him alone.

7 innings 4 runs. He needed to do better than that. This gun is 1 or 2 mph fast tonight. I'm beginning to wonder why Contreras isn't at the 96 mph he was for an extended period last season. Rather, he seems to be 92-93 mph a lot more this year. Don't get me wrong...he's good, but he's not nasty like he used to be.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 08:49 PM)
BIG INNING11!!!!!

Don't ever tell me Contreras is comparable with Santana.

And of course, who's the person responsible for a bad pitch during a close game but one of our pitchers.

Santana was barely better today.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 09:07 PM)
7 innings 4 runs. He needed to do better than that.

yes that's what the line says, but the actual gameplay was rather great except for the 1 pitch that wasn't even hit that well. you can't argue that. it'd be like me looking at anderson's barelly .200 and call him a crappy hitter...

Do you want me to make an animated Rally Crede for you?

No.

Do you know the significance of 39th and Wentworth in Sox history? Just wondering if I'm talking to someone worth talking to here. :P

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 10:06 PM)
he pitched a good game still, had the one bad pitch that turned into a popup caught in the wind, leave him alone.

Giving up a home run to a guy who hasn't hit one all season.

Not acceptable.

Sorry.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 08:08 PM)
Jim, Cheat, drop the gloves, put each other on ignore.

Doesn't drop the gloves mean they are going to fight in hockey. Are you guys gonna webcast that? What are the odds on the fight?

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 02:08 AM)
yes that's what the line says, but the actual gameplay was rather great except for the 1 pitch that wasn't even hit that well. you can't argue that. it'd be like me looking at anderson's barelly .200 and call him a crappy hitter...

Um..Anderson has been a crappy hitter this season, and I'm so sick and tired of hearing "such and such was great except for 1 pitch or inning". You play to win the game, and that means getting 27 outs.