7/25 Game Thread

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well another game we deserve to lose because we make stupid fishing pitches on 0-2.

Maybe coop can get someone to tell the rest of the staff. Down the cock on 0-2 is bad. Hanging a breaking pitch over the middle on 0-2 is bad. Throwing batting practice fastballs on 0-2 bad.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 02:44 AM)
Well another game we deserve to lose because we make stupid fishing pitches on 0-2.

Maybe coop can get someone to tell the rest of the staff. Down the cock on 0-2 is bad. Hanging a breaking pitch over the middle on 0-2 is bad. Throwing batting practice fastballs on 0-2 bad.

We played pretty good tonight, it's just our pitchers can't get their two minor league call-ups out. Quite simply, if you can't get a hit with RISP, you don't deserve to win games.

I actually feel like the end of this slump may be near after tonight's 4-3 loss...they showed a bit of life, and even though they still aren't scoring runs without the home run, they started getting a few hits. For some strange reason, I don't feel as negative as I did last night.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 02:47 AM)
Why wasnt Mack hitting anyway? Would have much rather had him at the plate than Alex.

Why isn't Mackowiak and his .400 OBP allowed to sub for Ozuna in LF? This way, you can keep Pods on the bench to pinch run.