7/25 Game Thread

QUOTE(illinilaw08 @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 05:27 PM)
Well, reason for optimism, 1 run and I think Santana threw over 20 pitches that inning.

Hawk, "we've had some lefties that havent hit Santana well over the years." Thats something of an understatement

How would he know? Last year we barely had any lefties who even faced Santana. Ozzie always went with his all-righty lineup as far as I can remember.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(soxunited @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 07:25 PM)
See, I told you Johan has been hittable over his last few starts

Sure, he's had a mildly rough stretch, but it's also the fact that Thome can homer off of anyone at anytime.

--

Anyone else see the shot of Thome and Contreras laughing about something, with Contreras shaking his head? I'm not sure what they were saying, but it was great to see that Thome's on good terms with even the guys who don't speak English

spiff.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 09:26 PM)
Dont get cocky over the solo homer in the first. We have hit solo homers off of Johan before.

It's not cockiness, it's a matter of fact. Quite a few clubs have been able to hit Santana as of late, especially Texas

Is there anything more demoralizing than scoring a run off Santana, then giving it RIGHT BACK the first batter?

Contreras better realize he's not opposing Joe Mays. Runs won't come at a premium; con't continue laying fat fastballs down the palte in hitters counts.