White Sox Loser

Butter Parque

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone still think this is a playoff team? I sure don't. They don't look like it, they don't play like it, and I'm not sure they have sufficient hunger for it. I know they won't always play this badly, but I don't see this team putting together the kind of runs it would take to overcome a 7.5 game deficit or hold off the Yankees and Twins for the wildcard.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 09:51 PM)
0-2 forkball to Bartlett.

there was also a bunt that tyner beat out that the replay looked extremely close, but he was out....it was a tough call to make, as close to bang bang as you get, but the sox also got jobbed in the 7th on a blown call at third, iguchi was thrown out by cuddyer but hte tag never got him

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 02:51 AM)
Does anyone still think this is a playoff team? I sure don't. They don't look like it, they don't play like it, and I'm not sure they have sufficient hunger for it. I know they won't always play this badly, but I don't see this team putting together the kind of runs it would take to overcome a 7.5 game deficit or hold off the Yankees and Twins for the wildcard.

Would you have said that before the Boston series I think not.....our team showed a lot of hunger before this slump......Remember all the times this team just didnt give up.....so calm down it will pass

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 02:51 AM)

No team slumping ever looks like a playoff team. However, the Twins winning 33 out of 41 games, and having dominance in 40 pct of their games starting for them looks like the team to beat for the Wild Card.

We are back to bowing down to the Twins again except last year. No matter what their budget is, they really have good players.

We need to go back to basic that help us won it all last year. We need to get players that play good defense and play small ball.

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 02:53 AM)
Would you have said that before the Boston series I think not.....our team showed a lot of hunger before this slump......Remember all the times this team just didnt give up.....so calm down it will pass

Hunger = facing Russ Ortiz and Rodrigo Lopez

QUOTE(bulokis @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 02:55 AM)
We are back to bowing down to the Twins again except last year. No matter what their budget is, they really have good players.

We need to go back to basic that help us won it all last year. We need to get players that play good defense and play small ball.

No, we need our starting pitchers to prevent the big innings. I'll take the offense we have this year over small ball any day. We're just in a bad slump right now. The last thing this team needs is to bring back guys like Rowand.

out of all of the losses, this is one i can live with. we just got beat by good pitching. its not like jon koronka shut us down today, it was johan freaking santana. i was expecting this game to be close either way and the twins just ended up on top.

we just gotta wake up and get goin tomorrow.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 09:51 PM)

yes....im gonna be viewed as an optimist, but i view myself as a realist....but weve played 5 straight series against very good AL teams, have pitched like crap and not gotten timely hitting, and still had a chance to win the bosox, tigers, texas, and this twins series......will we play better? certainly....the difference between us going .500 over that stretch (which most of us would have been ok with) and what we have done, is the fact that your ace has lost 3 straight 1 run games, and buerhle has hit a mini slump....those types of things wont continue to happen, and tend to balance over a full year