White Sox Loser

Butter Parque

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(lukeman89 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 02:56 AM)
out of all of the losses, this is one i can live with. we just got beat by good pitching. its not like jon koronka shut us down today, it was johan freaking santana. i was expecting this game to be close either way and the twins just ended up on top.

If we're planning on tipping our cap every time we face Santana or Liriano the rest of the way, we might as well forfeit the rest of this season.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 02:57 AM)
I believe this marks the fourth straight game in which the Sox have failed to have a hit with runners in scoring position.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

Iguchi had the homer with a RISP on Sunday. It's been ages since we had a single with RISP and 2 outs.

QUOTE(bulokis @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 09:55 PM)
We are back to bowing down to the Twins again except last year. No matter what their budget is, they really have good players.

We need to go back to basic that help us won it all last year. We need to get players that play good defense and play small ball.

Its same thing every year. We pound the living crap out of everyone flexing our home run or nothing muscles.

Then after the allstar break....poof...swings get long, balls are popped up, or rolled over to the left side.

Its the same thing every year since 2001.

This team spiff the bed for an entire month in August last year ruining a 15 game lead. I think we are half way to that goal. Except our lead is now down to 1.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 09:57 PM)
Silva has looked like crap lately. Maybe we'll get our weekly win tomorrow.

Koronka and Wasdin are crap. We should of pounded them also.

Our softball corpseball approach is killiing this team.

Pull, and lift.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 09:57 PM)
Silva has looked like crap lately. Maybe we'll get our weekly win tomorrow.

with the way we are going lately, he is gonna no hit us. I like our new motto, lose 2 games and avoid getting swept.

Would you have said that before the Boston series I think not.....our team showed a lot of hunger before this slump......Remember all the times this team just didnt give up.....so calm down it will pass

I suspected it before the Boston series, and with some good evidence. I haven't seen WS-caliber fire in the belly in this team all year. My suspicions turned into reality with this prolonged slump against good teams in big series. Winners sack up for big series. This team has laid down.

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 09:53 PM)
Would you have said that before the Boston series I think not.....our team showed a lot of hunger before this slump......Remember all the times this team just didnt give up.....so calm down it will pass

I suppose some people are able to convince themselves of anything. When you pull your head out of the sand in September don't be suprised to see the Sox 5-10 games back in the wild card.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 09:57 PM)
I believe this marks the fourth straight game in which the Sox have failed to have a hit with runners in scoring position.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

Friday was the last game the Sox got an RBI hit that wasn't a homerun.

I suppose some people are able to convince themselves of anything. When you pull your head out of the sand in September don't be suprised to see the Sox 5-10 games back in the wild card.

Even when that happens, there will be fans saying that the Sox are just one hot streak away from taking the wildcard, and they'll actually be expecting it to happen. Some fans just expect everything to turn out fine, despite the available evidence which is right in front of their noses.

QUOTE(Butter Parque @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 03:11 AM)
No, it couldn't have anything to do with the fact that Scott Schoenweis was our 4th starter and we didn't have a #5

Well, according to Hawk, Ozzie very easily could have been 2 for 2 if those injuries didn't occur.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 03:12 AM)
For next year.

It's all about staying healthy for him.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 03:18 AM)
I mentioned this in the game thread, but wouldn't everybody rather have seen Mack hitting than Cintron?

Cintron's had success vs Nathan, so I'm sure that's why he was in. I would have rather seen Mackowiak leadoff the 8th inning, instead of Pods. This way, you can save Pods to pinch run in the 9th if anyone gets on. This is just exhibit 500 on why Ross Gload is worthless on this roster.

One dimensional on offense, average to below average pitching, average defense, and no speed equals picking #15 in the 2007 MLB draft.

Good post Parque. I disagree with your post getting mad at Oz for standing up for his mediocre starters, however.

He shouldn't blast them in the media.

The alarming thing about this slump is we're not winning at home. We go on the road and suck a week and we're gonna be

10 over .500 before long and 4 down in the wild card.

Losing at home is not good. It sux.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 03:21 AM)
Good post Parque. I disagree with your post getting mad at Oz for standing up for his mediocre starters, however.

He shouldn't blast them in the media.

The alarming thing about this slump is we're not winning at home. We go on the road and suck a week and we're gonna be

10 over .500 before long and 4 down in the wild card.

Losing at home is not good. It sux.

If we go to Baltimore and KC, and we fall that many games out, they might as well shut down this site.