7/25 Games

danman31

Sure, if the playoffs started today the Twins would be a good pick. What it comes down to is who is hottest at the right time, which at this point in time is a crapshoot as to picking who is hot. Liriano will almost definitely drop off, if only down to solid numbers. Put me down as saying there is no way the Twins win the World Series. I just don't see it happening.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 06:01 PM)
Sure, if the playoffs started today the Twins would be a good pick. What it comes down to is who is hottest at the right time, which at this point in time is a crapshoot as to picking who is hot. Liriano will almost definitely drop off, if only down to solid numbers. Put me down as saying there is no way the Twins win the World Series. I just don't see it happening.

Put me down as buying your notion. All I"ve said about htem being tough makes one major assumption, that Liriano and Johan are as dominant than as they are now and I don't think that will be the case with Liriano. I feel the same way about Verlander but neither of these guys will maintain with that amount of innings pitched deep into the playoffs.

If the Twins do it, Radke, Silva, Baker and whoever else will have to majorly step up, imo.

Flash I thought you would be interested in this article, as you are currently on your Minor League Crusade; :D

FROM weekend matches with Gosford Lions on the New South Wales Central Coast to the heights of Major League Baseball, Jarrad Eacott's story has all the makings of a Hollywood movie.

The Central Coast resident, 17, has just signed for Minnesota Twins after an American scout saw him playing at the Australian baseball academy in Queensland.

So keen were the Twins to sign the left-handed pitcher, they called him at home that night and put a seven-year contract offer on the table.

"I had a good outing in Queensland, and the scout from the Twins came up after the game and said they were very interested in me," Eacott said yesterday.

"Then they called with the offer, so it was all very quick."

Eacott joins recent Australian signings Jason Smit, who plays for Cleveland Indians, and Gavin Dlouhy, who is with New York Mets, in the US.

Eacott will move to the US next year, when he will begin in the rookie ball tournament - akin to playing on the AFL rookie list or in the NRL's Jersey Flegg competition.

More teams like the Indians and Mets are becoming more active down here, but it's still mainly the Red Sox and Twins who get most of the talent down here.