Twins @ Sox - 7/26 Game Thread

Kalapse

I am glad that Ozzie is consistant and keeps not playing regulars against the WC competition. We need a win today, so lets bench Anderson who hits Silva well, and lets bench Gooch who is hitting well.

Bench worthless Pods and put Mackowiak in if you are so bent on using him.

And Cintron can rest Uribe who cant hit.

These lineups were stupid in April, and they are even more stupid now in late July.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 12:43 PM)
These lineups were stupid in April, and they are even more stupid now in late July.

But we'll have the freshest lineup when we are 12 games back in late August.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 12:43 PM)
But we'll have the freshest lineup when we are 12 games back in late August.

I am going with a big inning started by a ball that drops between Mackowiak and Cintron, just like it has the last few times they have both been on the field.

Ozzie should just admit it, we dont have a starting CF, we have a fishing platoon. Anderson is 23, how much rest does he need.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 12:47 PM)
Uribe is 12/23 in his career with 3 home runs against Silva.

How about this lineup

Pods

Gooch

Thome

Konerko

Dye

AJ

Crede

Uribe

Anderson

This is the one we should be using against our rivals.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 12:49 PM)
How about this lineup

Pods

Gooch

Thome

Konerko

Dye

AJ

Crede

Uribe

Anderson

This is the one we should be using against our rivals.

No. It makes too much sense.

OK so, I'm typically a defender of the Ozzie patented Sunday Lineup ™. I think his resting of players and playing the bench is a key to the team's success.

But here we have just plain poor decision-making. Anderson is red-hot and 3/5 vs Silva, and Gooch is 3/5. I mean, come on. Rest our guys and get the bench some time, but do it the smart way!!! Not this default lefty-righty crap.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 12:53 PM)
OK so, I'm typically a defender of the Ozzie patented Sunday Lineup ™. I think his resting of players and playing the bench is a key to the team's success.

But here we have just plain poor decision-making. Anderson is red-hot and 3/5 vs Silva, and Gooch is 3/5. I mean, come on. Rest our guys and get the bench some time, but do it the smart way!!! Not this default lefty-righty crap.

We are trying to hang on to the wild card, and save a possible sweep at home. And he dicks around.

I hated Manuel and his sunday lineups, but he only did it once a week. Gooch and Anderson have to be the most subbed out on our team. Followed by Pods. Anderson can get hits off of Randy Johnson and Mike Mussina, but he needs to rest against the mighty carlos silva.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 12:53 PM)

We can rest guys vs Baltimore and KC after this series. Sheesh. Are BA and Iguchi that tired?

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 11:00 AM)
Does Minnesota and Detroit rest there starters vs us?

Um....not so much.

PS Are we losing yet?

Interesting that you ask that, given that Joe Mauer is sitting today.

And Detroit is up 3-0 on Cleveland in the 7th (Verlander against Captain Cheeseburger) so in a sense, we're already losing more ground.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 12:57 PM)
We are trying to hang on to the wild card, and save a possible sweep at home. And he dicks around.

I hated Manuel and his sunday lineups, but he only did it once a week. Gooch and Anderson have to be the most subbed out on our team. Followed by Pods. Anderson can get hits off of Randy Johnson and Mike Mussina, but he needs to rest against the mighty carlos silva.

No kidding, I heard Mack and Cintron on the radio. Against the mighty Carlos Silva, Anderson's offense shouldnt kill the team, his defense could in fact save it. Hopefully MB is back to form today and the offense makes the Ozzie "Sunday lineup" look brilliant. Come on boys, need this one today badly.

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 11:02 AM)
By the way Prior has a NO HITTER going.

There I said it.

JINX

And Prior was just taken out in the middle of the 6th inning. Without having given up a hit yet. Will Ohman is in.

Next time a bench player does not start I am going to throw a party. Play the fishin regulars the way MB has pitched he needs the best defense behind him and Mack and Cintron both are not very good with the glove. Last time all the regulars played was what last week vs the tigers and what happened we won big. Maybe KW should send down all the bench players