Twins @ Sox - 7/26 Game Thread

Kalapse

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 01:58 PM)
Would anyone be sad if Pods was traded?

I've been praying for it. He's worthless. He's not good defensively, he's not stealing bases anymore....and oh yeah...he's not getting on base....

Great lead-off hitter.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 06:59 PM)
Why Walker? He's done a better job this year than some other people on our team. Anderson's finally turned it around, Uribe got out of his Apr/May slump, Crede's grown into a .290 hitter.

Yeah, if you want to bash some coaches, look at Cooper and Cora. The starting pitcher's ERA is getting close to 4.70 this year.

Honestly I know the pitching is bad, but to me it's the offense thats killing us. We're so one dimensional it's absolutely scary. I was very excited when we hit and run because I haven't seen it happen in awhile. We don't steal, we have speed, but we don't steal, we can't bunt, we don't go the otherway, everything is a home run or a flyout, it gives me nausea.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 12:59 PM)
Why Walker? He's done a better job this year than some other people on our team. Anderson's finally turned it around, Uribe got out of his Apr/May slump, Crede's grown into a .290 hitter.

We'd be the laughing stock of the league if we fired the hitting coach of the best offense in baseball this year.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 06:59 PM)
Wow is this team Bad right now

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Everyone talks about our slump from last year. We didn't play great then, but we were playing a hell of a lot better than we are now. This is as bad as I can remember the past few years.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 06:59 PM)
Nice passing shot. Not even man enough to call it out. Typical around here of late.

Too bad I never said that in the first place. I doubt anybody around here ever said, or thinks, that Mark is or was better than Santana.

I don't know if it was you, but there were definitely people on here who said Buehrle was better than Santana.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 12:01 PM)
We'd be the laughing stock of the league if we fired the hitting coach of the best offense in baseball this year.

Right now, the rest of the league is closing Rapidly on our offense. Cleveland is 4 runs behind us, Boston 5,

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 12:02 PM)
I don't know if it was you, but there were definitely people on here who said Buehrle was better than Santana.

I still think he could be/could have been. Certainly isn't all there now.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 01:03 PM)
Right now, the rest of the league is closing Rapidly on our offense. Cleveland is 4 runs behind us, Boston 5,

Which is pretty amazing considering how terrible we've been on offense the past few weeks.