Twins @ Sox - 7/26 Game Thread

Kalapse

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 01:59 PM)
Nice passing shot. Not even man enough to call it out. Typical around here of late.

Too bad I never said that in the first place. I doubt anybody around here ever said, or thinks, that Mark is or was better than Santana.

Actually you did say it. You said you would rather have Buerhle over Santana. And you had their stats in your sig this year, that was until Santana blew past both Contreras and buerhle. Then mysteriously it went dark.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 03:04 PM)
Ha.....Podsednik playing on the warning track for Babe Bartlett leads to a stand-up double.

He would have had a double anyway, the ball was hit way too softly for anyone to throw him out at second.

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 07:01 PM)
No he will be hurt by next Tuesday but Orton and his beard will come to the rescue

Great, if that happens, we're gonna hafta to countdown to Spring Training of '07 then. Orton just plain sucks.

73 pitches, 54 strikes for Mark Buehrle through 4 innings. He may not last the 5th at this rate.

QUOTE(Allsox @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 12:06 PM)
Great, if that happens, we're gonna hafta to countdown to Spring Training of '07 then. Orton just plain sucks.

There's a reason the Bears grabbed Griese.

QUOTE(Allsox @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 02:06 PM)

Don't forget Brian Griese. The Bears at least have QB depth this year.

STRING TOGETHER HITS!!!

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 02:07 PM)
73 pitches, 54 strikes for Mark Buehrle through 4 innings. He may not last the 5th at this rate.

There's a reason the Bears grabbed Griese.

Sadly I just dont see KW making any moves, and we will go back to watching 2005 memories.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 01:04 PM)
Actually you did say it. You said you would rather have Buerhle over Santana. And you had their stats in your sig this year, that was until Santana blew past both Contreras and buerhle. Then mysteriously it went dark.

Too bad I had it up way after Santana had better numbers than Buerhle, and way before Contreras got injured. I took it down because Kalapse said I never updated it, which I didn't, so I stopped. But I have never said Buerhle is better than Santana on the whole. Twice I've said that Buerhle has been better than Santana over a certain amount of time and that was the beginning of this year and last year in August, at which both times it was true. And I said to Kalapse at hte beginning of this year, I know they are both better now but Santana will be better over all the end of the year. He always is.

But it's cool. Keep making up spiff and taking shots from behind in the dark. Just like a little girl. Anybody can do that spiff.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 02:08 PM)
Will someone answer me this....why are we swinging at everything Silva throws? He's not going to strike you out. Be patient, and make him get the ball up.

Thats a very good question. This team just has not had a very good approach against anyone the past couple weeks.