Twins @ Sox - 7/26 Game Thread

Kalapse

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 02:50 PM)
Boy...we have lost 5 series in a row...are about to be swept and knocked out the wild-card lead...and I can't wait to go to the Grinder Party tomorrow.....HOW FUN!

hahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha. Ive decided Im no longer going to this "grinder" party.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 07:49 PM)
Incredible. Man are they hot.

I wonder how many 2 out runs they have this series.

Even though they can't play any worse, I still believe the Sox aren't done yet for the Wild Card. The Twins can't keep that type of pace up and they've beaten the Sox with their 7-8-9 hitters in this whole series. That won't get it done against Det this weekend.

QUOTE(soxpride77 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 12:52 PM)
Ozzie should have never picked him to bring to the all-star game anyways. He wasn't deserving of it even back then.

Actually I think he was at the time he was picked. His collapse started right after that. His ERA was in the low 3's at the time he was named to the AS team, then the next start was against the Cubs, and he gave up 10 in the first.

How do you get swept? This series was huge and it just makes me sick.

From the looks of it the Tigers and Twins just wanted it more. The team is flat and I would hate to be around KW right now.

KW has to make a move soon and Ozzie needs to go crazy (in private) on this team. I do not want to hear any more excuses form Hawk and Ozzie. They suck right now.

QUOTE(iguchi=dank @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 02:50 PM)
Watch plenty of games this year and it seems to all blend the same way, yet you can see it coming and nothing you think could help is done. This offense is gonna have to carry this team for possibly the whole season, our SP have such low confidence its starting to affect everyone.

I think this is a good way to put it. Hawk was talking about how a team gets going because of good pitching performances rather than good offensive performances. At this point, there aren't any real good pitching performances, and when the team has the mentality that they have to score 8 runs a game, it makes things real hard.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 02:49 PM)
I'm going to watch my 2005 DVDs tonight and try and remember what it was like. Because I can't.

I just burst out laughing. In fact, I burst out laughing when Buehrle untied the score for them.

QUOTE(illinilaw08 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 02:57 PM)
Remember in the 4th inning when it was a 3-3 game and Kyle Lohse was up in the bullpen? Those were good times.

Just when this team gives you a reason to enjoy the game, they pull the rug out from under you.

QUOTE(Allsox @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 07:53 PM)
Even though they can't play any worse, I still believe the Sox aren't done yet for the Wild Card. The Twins can't keep that type of pace up and they've beaten the Sox with their 7-8-9 hitters in this whole series. That won't get it done against Det this weekend.

The Twins won't keep up this pace but they won't go on any long losing streaks either with Santanna and Liriano.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 02:55 PM)
Where does Minny come up with these guys.

Neshek is there young stud bullpen guy

Where's our Neshek?

Anyone?

We compete with these teams in the field; it should be extended to include farm systems. Having a contributing minor league system would go a long way to ensuring that. "Trading off prospects for major leauge players is how we compete" isn't enough. We need quality arms for THIS team, eventually. It'd be nice to ahve a few SP prospects available to replace our current rotation. Or reliable relief prospects.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

We may suck right now, but hopefully come the end of Sept we will have come back to at least get the wild card. The Sox collpase could be the big baseball news though. Detroit is doing what we did last year. I really thought we had a better team for 2006 than the one that won it all last year.