Twins @ Sox - 7/26 Game Thread

Kalapse

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 01:58 PM)
Where's our Neshek?

Anyone?

We have to compete with this teams. Having a contributing minor league system would go a long way to ensuring that. "Trading off prospects for major leauge players is how we compete" isn't enough. We need contributing arms for THIS team, eventually. It'd be nice to ahve a few SP prospects available to replace our current rotation.

did you want to call cortes up before he was traded?

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 12:58 PM)
None of his stats make any difference. He's the savior.

Remember when Kip Wells was going to be the next Roger Clemens?......Good prospects come a dime a dozen, if we can get something for McCarthy that helps get this team over the hump, I'm all for it.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 07:58 PM)
None of his stats make any difference. He's the savior.

We don't have anyone in the farm system that has contributed like other teams have. McCarthy isn't that good from what we have seen lately, but with a chance at starting he might still blossom this year.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 04:01 PM)
We don't have anyone in the farm system that has contributed like other teams have. McCarthy isn't that good from what we have seen lately, but with a chance at starting he might still blossom this year.

He isn't that good? I've seen him do pretty well and improve as the year has gone on, I don't know what you're looking at.

QUOTE(soxpride77 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 03:01 PM)
If they are, I can't tell!

I wouldn't be thrilled with today's situation. The struggling offense comes through and ties the game up for Buerhle with some nice hitting. Next inning he goes out and give them the lead right back.

Grinder rule #167: A lead is just another oppurtunity to blow a game.

QUOTE(iamshack @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 04:04 PM)
Improve what?

His pitching out of the pen has improved throughout the year. He had a crappy May, but outside of that, he's been good.

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 03:01 PM)
I think its time that Ozzie trash the clubhouse... you know, rip up a few couches... toss some tables, etc.

Scare them; they need it...

I honestly don't think it'll matter. I think he has ruined his ability to freak out like that and have it have an effect on the team. He freaks out too much...It's lost it's luster. This team is going to have to get out of this funk on their own.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 08:02 PM)
He isn't that good? I've seen him do pretty well and improve as the year has gone on, I don't know what you're looking at.

I don't want to tell you that you are wrong and I am right I guess we just aren't looking at the same pitcher. Brandon's ERA is at 4 and he hasn't shined like last year. Syaing that though I think being a starter and not a reliever is where he should be at on this team. He hasn't been a relief pitcher before and I think has even said it has been a work in progress for him.