Twins @ Sox - 7/26 Game Thread

Kalapse

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 03:05 PM)
I don't want to tell you that you are wrong and I am right I guess we just aren't looking at the same pitcher. Brandon's ERA is at 4 and he hasn't shined like last year. Syaing that though I think being a starter and not a reliever is where he should be at on this team. He hasn't been a relief pitcher before and I think has even said it has been a work in progress for him.

I hate the way this pitching staff is constructed. Vazquez should be in Arizona. McCarthy should be in the rotation. Vizcaino should be in the bullpen.

And, yes, I thought this last winter.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, ERA isn't the best measure for relievers, and no, he isn't nearly as good as he was during the stretch run last year, but what do you expect from him? This is the first time he's ever pitched out of the pen for a whole year in his ENTIRE career. Its not the same thing as being a starter.

Yeah, it's easier.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 04:11 PM)
Yeah, it's easier.

For a first year reliever who has pitched on a schedule throughout his entire life, its not easier. As a reliever, you need to know that you can pitch nearly every game.

QUOTE(brijames @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 03:12 PM)
I havent read this whole thread so if this was mentioned I apologise but this team needs a good ole fashion bench clearing knock em down drag em out brawl.

how about a fight in house....just kick each other's ass then get blitzed and sing dont stop believing at a karaokee bar, just like it all began.

QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 01:10 PM)
I hate the way this pitching staff is constructed. Vazquez should be in Arizona. McCarthy should be in the rotation. Vizcaino should be in the bullpen.

And, yes, I thought this last winter.

I agree that we probably should have not traded for Vazquez and just put McCArthy in the rotation, but Vizcaino?

QUOTE(brijames @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 03:12 PM)
I havent read this whole thread so if this was mentioned I apologise but this team needs a good ole fashion bench clearing knock em down drag em out brawl.

...that already happened once this year, and here they are. How bout a pitcher make the third out of an inning without blowing up.

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 03:01 PM)
I think its time that Ozzie trash the clubhouse... you know, rip up a few couches... toss some tables, etc.

Scare them; they need it...

if you belive some of the things on this board, it is EXACTLY those kinds of antics by Ozzie that the team has grown tired of and it's showing on the field.

For a first year reliever who has pitched on a schedule throughout his entire life, its not easier. As a reliever, you need to know that you can pitch nearly every game.

That's a handy excuse, but it doesn't hold water. Prospects who were starters all throughout their minor league careers come up to the majors and pitch out of the bullpen all the time. Good ones usually perform better in the pen than in the rotation. It is rare that good pitcher can't handle the bullpen, but works well as a SP.