Twins @ Sox - 7/26 Game Thread

Kalapse

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 05:33 PM)
hHAHHAHAHAAHAHA. dont make me laugh. I can safely say, The way were playing, were going 2-4 vs said teams.

Thats the problem. Im sure the SOX and some of their fans are thinking this right now "wait til we play Balt and KC, we'll catch up then"

You'd be suprised with KC, they have been playing teams like the Jays and the Red Sox very tough in July

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 03:35 PM)
remember when a 3 run dficit in the eighth still meant you had a realistic shot at winning the game? Like two months ago? That's what they need, a good old fashioned come from behind victory.

Don't make me cry of reminiscence! :crying

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 01:32 PM)
I said I was going to stay out of this thread, but I just wanted to comment on this. McCarthy isn't a fire-baller who can come out of the pen and dominate (like Zumaya). Rather, he's a "feel" pitcher, and his change-up and curve have been nowhere near as effective as it was when he was a starter. He's not a reliever, and I believe it's been very mentally challenging for him this season.

I think it's also fair to say that McCarthy has been quite effective when he's been given regular work. He's had one month where he put up terrible numbers - May, where his ERA was over 6. In the other months, it's been 3.21, 3.38, 2.72. He struggled in May, but at least in my opinion, Ozzie was doing a terrible job of getting him into games regularly that month. That was the month he made 1 start for Contreras, then went about a week and a half without pitching, and so forth.

QUOTE(soxunited @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 01:36 PM)
You'd be suprised with KC, they have been playing teams like the Jays and the Red Sox very tough in July

The one bit of good news for teams playing KC is that KC has been selling, dumping MacDougal and Graffy and Elmer Dessens.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 08:35 PM)
remember when a 3 run dficit in the eighth still meant you had a realistic shot at winning the game? Like two months ago? That's what they need, a good old fashioned come from behind victory.

Not going to happen against Nathan.

QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 03:47 PM)
Farmer is now describing what happened the day that Barrett punched A.J. Yes, he is officially reminiscing about the good times.

Farmer just keeps going back to that-did he say "grille" again?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 03:50 PM)
Has anyone noticed how the Twins best player got the day off today and they still scored 7 runs on us?

That was one of the first things that popped into my mind.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 03:50 PM)
Has anyone noticed how the Twins best player got the day off today and they still scored 7 runs on us?

with the way buehrle has pitched, i dont really think it matters what the opposing line up is.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 01:51 PM)
has nathan ever blown a save vs the sox? i cant think of one game in which hes blown one ...

I'm pretty certain he hasn't. He's only given up 1 run to the White Sox - a solo home run by Crede. He does, interestingly enough, have a loss against us though. Must mean he came in with a game tied and Crede beat him.

Edited by Balta1701

Our relief pitchers got out of their respective innings without giving up a run, but they continue to play with fire too. 2 hits every inning ain't good for stoppers. They will eventually give up that big third hit.