Zito to Sox (3-Way trade possibility)

Steve9347

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are no KW/Billy Beane issues that would ever prevent them dealing with each other. Despite being called a liar by a soxtalk "insider" a couple years ago when I reported KW's main target was Tim Hudson, KW later came out and said no one had called Beane more on any of his "big 3". Whether Olney's report is true or not, and whether if it is true there is much of a chance of it happening is another thing.

Could the 3rd team be the Mets?

We trade Garcia/Vazquez to the Mets?

A's trade Zito to the Sox?

A's get the 2 rumored guys from the Mets that we were going to get?

Would that be enough for the A's?

Edited by SoxPride56

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 08:39 AM)
There are no KW/Billy Beane issues that would ever prevent them dealing with each other. Despite being called a liar by a soxtalk "insider" a couple years ago when I reported KW's main target was Tim Hudson, KW later came out and said no one had called Beane more on any of his "big 3". Whether Olney's report is true or not, and whether if it is true there is much of a chance of it happening is another thing.

I'm guessing you did not read "Moneyball," or else you would know what I am talking about, Dick.

I pushed the panic button back on the weekend of July7th. But I also said Kenny should be setting this team up for 07, and make ZITO PRIORITY 1 offseason. Another lefty like him would be excellent for this staff. There is no way this could be happening, because Oakland is in the race themselves.

GET ME ZITO

QUOTE(SoxPride56 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 08:40 AM)
Could the 3rd team be the Mets?

We trade Garcia/Vazquez to the Mets?

A's trade Zito to the Sox?

A's get the 2 rumored guys from the Mets that we were going to get?

I don't see why the Mets wouldn't just take Zito instead of our DOGSHlT pitchers.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 08:42 AM)
I don't see why the Mets wouldn't just take Zito instead of our DOGSHlT pitchers.

Thats a good point, I didnt think of it like that. I was just trying to figure out who might be the 3rd team. But like you said, why wouldnt they just take Zito.

Uhh no thank you.

Scott Bora$$ is Barry Zito's new agent. That means we have NO chance of re-signing him once he hits FA.

The only way I can see this making sense from a White Sox perspective is if we then spin Zito to a team like New York for other pieces that will help us win now.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 08:41 AM)
I'm guessing you did not read "Moneyball," or else you would know what I am talking about, Dick.

I read Moneyball and the story for one thing was not as derrogatory towards KW that is was reported to be. Since the book came out, while they haven't done any more deals, they have discussed deals. If there was no discussion, did Olney just make this up then? And if they aren't going to trade with each other because of Moneyball, why did you make a thread about it?

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 11:42 PM)

Maybe because they think they'll have an excellent chance of signing him as a FA, hence they don't want to give up say Lastings Milledge for him right now.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 08:39 AM)

The Zito reports at least have some credibility as I've heard the same thing a few days ago. Steve, a simple book that Billy Beane didn't write will never have any effect on if Kenny will deal with Beane or not. Dbaho, this is the type of player that is fine to rent because he makes your chance of winning a world series so much better than it is right now.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 08:44 AM)
I read Moneyball and the story for one thing was not as derrogatory towards KW that is was reported to be. Since the book came out, while they haven't done any more deals, they have discussed deals. If there was no discussion, did Olney just make this up then? And if they aren't going to trade with each other because of Moneyball, why did you make a thread about it?

Gee, Dick, as I said in the original post... "Just throwing this out there" for interested parties.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 08:43 AM)
Uhh no thank you.

Scott Bora$$ is Barry Zito's new agent. That means we have NO chance of re-signing him once he hits FA.

The only way I can see this making sense from a White Sox perspective is if we then spin Zito to a team like New York for other pieces that will help us win now.

Dang, I forgot about $cot Bora$.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 01:34 PM)
Well that would certainly be awesome depending on who we'd have to give up.

I haven't heard what the asking price for Zito has been. IIRC, though, the a's wanted Lastings Milledge.

Yet the A's would still need a SP for their rotation this year wouldn't they?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 08:43 AM)

Zito will help us now.

FWIW, Boras was at 2 Boston/White Sox games. 1 in Unc's box. Perhaps they've mended the fence.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 08:47 AM)
Steve, a simple book that Billy Beane didn't write will never have any effect on if Kenny will deal with Beane or not.

true true true...

rent Zito... ship of Garcia or Vazquez (I say Vazquez) start winning... postseason, rings, rum...

what a dream, right?

yes, for the eight thousandth time, Billy Beane did not write Moneyball. thats why it doesnt matter in these terms.

yes it depicts KW getting screwed over, but it's probably just one glimpse of the sort of thing that happens 30 times per offseason, between everyone and everyone.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 01:43 PM)
Uhh no thank you.

That makes sense. The A's could take Freddy, and the Mets could part with the Humber, Heilman combo to us. The mets would also have to give up another good prospect or two to the A's, as they would be getting Zito.

FWIW, to get a Zito, we would realistically have to include Brandon McCarthy and that ain't happenin.

The right strategy IMHO should be to trade a starter in Garcia or Vazquez to open up a spot for B-Mac, not trade for another starter.

Doesn't make sense for a 2 month rental, considering the players you would have to give up.

I would love this deal, provided we don't lose BMAC.

Give Oakland Sweeney or Fields or someone in the minors that they may want. Some prospects.

Give the Mets Freddy or Vazquez.

Take Zito, and when he's gone in the offseason, plug McCarthy into his spot.

That's what I'd like, anyway.

At least now we have an idea what Kenny's "bigger than that" comment meant.