Zito to Sox (3-Way trade possibility)

Steve9347

QUOTE(beck72 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 09:34 AM)
The only teams that could or might be interested in Zito would be STL, Ariz, SD. The dodgers maybe, but they need other help.

Really? Only 3 or 4 teams could use a very good starting pitcher?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(beck72 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 09:34 AM)
The only teams that could or might be interested in Zito would be STL, Ariz, SD. The dodgers maybe, but they need other help.

What on earth that Kenny has ever done would make you think he wouldn't be the one going after Barry Zito?

People are missing the KW boat here.

Every single trade deadline, we are literally linked to every single possible person. A few days before the deadline, x trade is about to go down.

And its never the person we think. Hopefully we get something. Because we need it.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 08:42 AM)
Yea, that Joe Crede SUCKS!

I know. Or we could also be trying to trade back for Frank. That'd be my other guess.

But seriously, I understand the contract situation, but I just can't see a team that is seriously contending for its division giving up its ace pitcher, unless for a gross overpayment including Majoy League talent.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 09:44 AM)
But seriously, I understand the contract situation, but I just can't see a team that is seriously contending for its division giving up its ace pitcher, unless for a gross overpayment including Majoy League talent.

Did you understand trading Hudson and Mulder in one weekend?

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 09:41 AM)
People are missing the KW boat here.

Every single trade deadline, we are literally linked to every single possible person. A few days before the deadline, x trade is about to go down.

And its never the person we think. Hopefully we get something. Because we need it.

this is actually a great thing for the White Sox. Because Kenny is so good at flying under the radar, he, and the White Sox, are linked to EVERY big player, which, I would imagine, throws off all the other GMs of teams in contention. will the WS get Soriano? No? Maybe they are going for Zito. No? Could Abreu be the player? No? Possibly someone no one has thought of yet?

If I were Dombrowski or Ryan or Cashman or Epstein or any other contending teams GM, I would be going crazy trying to figure out who the White Sox MAY trade for.

PS...this is about the time last year the White Sox woke up...when they were only a game or so in front...keep the faith.

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 10:51 AM)
How is trading a guy in our Minor Leagues who has never done anything for an Ace and one of the greatest lefties of our time a rip off. I know Sweeny looks like he might be a stud, but thats it, he might be. Do you remember everyone crying that we lost Reed? We did not lose much.

We'd have Zito for 2 months. They'd have Sweeney for 6 years. 'Nuf said.

Just read Buster Olney's blog from this morning. Because of copyright restrictions on premium material, I won't paste the entire thing, but here is a relevant portion:

The White Sox need better pitching, either from the guys they have or from somebody they might acquire. Williams is a deal-maker and so is Oakland GM Billy Beane, and you have to wonder if Barry Zito's name will come up in their conversations this week.

Seems like Buster is speculating more so than that he actually knows someting.

Just read Buster Olney's blog from this morning. Because of copyright restrictions on premium material, I won't paste the entire thing, but here is a relevant portion:

The White Sox need better pitching, either from the guys they have or from somebody they might acquire. Williams is a deal-maker and so is Oakland GM Billy Beane, and you have to wonder if Barry Zito's name will come up in their conversations this week.

Seems like Buster is speculating more so than that he actually knows someting.

Yes, thanks for posting this. I heard the original conversation between Olney and Mike Greenberg this morning, and it was Olney speculating, nothing more.

Olney did say that in talking to his sources, whoever they are, that KW is intent on improving the club. No surprise there.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 09:53 AM)
PS...this is about the time last year the White Sox woke up...when they were only a game or so in front...keep the faith.

Actually it's not. They had a pretty big cushion up until the final week and then pulled away. It's much harder to wake up from 7.5 back. Let's not be morons here.

QUOTE(HawknWimpyLUV @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 09:59 AM)
Actually it's not. They had a pretty big cushion up until the final week and then pulled away. It's much harder to wake up from 7.5 back. Let's not be morons here.

Actually, I was talking about being a game up on the Twins. And please, don't call me a moron. Thanks for your support.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 10:01 AM)
Actually, I was talking about being a game up on the Twins. And please, don't call me a moron. Thanks for your support.

Thank you for your support. I can't wait until they break away from the third place team in the division, it will be a huge boost. And it still isn'tthe right time of year for anything cause they were well out in front at this time last year. You uptight prick.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 09:59 AM)
Yes, thanks for posting this. I heard the original conversation between Olney and Mike Greenberg this morning, and it was Olney speculating, nothing more.

Olney did say that in talking to his sources, whoever they are, that KW is intent on improving the club. No surprise there.

Ack, that sort of bursts my bubble a little.

I am just hoping KW does something, because if Shea Hillenbrand were here, he would be writing on our chalkboard as well....

QUOTE(HawknWimpyLUV @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 10:03 AM)
Thank you for your support. I can't wait until they break away from the third place team in the division, it will be a huge boost. And it still isn'tthe right time of year for anything cause they were well out in front at this time last year. You uptight prick.

Well you aren't going to last long here.

QUOTE(HawknWimpyLUV @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 11:03 AM)

Isn't your third post a bit too soon to be attacking posters?

Welcoem to Soxtalk though.

QUOTE(HawknWimpyLUV @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 09:59 AM)

Welcome to Soxtalk, you might want to read up on the boardguidlines though... namecalling is kinda frowned upon here...

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?act=boardrules

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 09:59 AM)

Well darn.

QUOTE(HawknWimpyLUV @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 10:03 AM)

Nevermind. Now you have 10 days to read the guidelines.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 09:13 AM)
Well that certianly makes things interesting. Could we be talking about a signing along with a trade then?

No one will tell me. Wonder why... :lol:

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 09:22 AM)
I don't think Boras is ever going to change the way he does business, so I see no way that fence will ever be mended. They may have been discussing a contract for Crede. Either that, or maybe JR wasn't at the game Boras was in his box.

Unc was there, and they were quite chummy. Joe is moot right now.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 10:05 AM)
Well you aren't going to last long here.

Zero tolerance out the window... :rolleyes

Bit my tongue. All hail SS2k!

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 10:08 AM)
If it gives us a better chance to make it to the playoffs and win the world series THIS YEAR then I do not care. Do you remember it was 88 years between world series? I would rather win again this year then be able to say "wow that Sweeney sure is good, I am glad we kept him instead of winning another world series"

'Nuf said.

Exactly, how many people cried about not trading Jeremy Reed? I think that worked out for us if memory serves. People were higher on Reed than on Sweeney, why all the Sweeney love right now? The last I read, he wasn't putting up earth-shattering numbers.