Yates not guilty by insanity

southsider2k5

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 04:06 PM)
That is unbelievable. Clearly she's freakin' insane, she killed her freakin' kids.

Thats ridiculous.

What do you mean? As you said, she's clearly insane. There's not a more justifible case of "not guilty by reason of insanity" than this. The county it was tried in loves to hand out the death penalty, too.

she will be spending the rest of her life institutionalized.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 04:09 PM)
What do you mean? As you said, she's clearly insane. There's not a more justifible case of "not guilty by reason of insanity" than this. The county it was tried in loves to hand out the death penalty, too.

she will be spending the rest of her life institutionalized.

Which is bitter sweet. She wasn't getting the DP. There was a slight possibility she would be out free eventually had this verdict not come in.

QUOTE(minors @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 11:49 PM)
Hopefully she is chained to a bed for the rest of her life.

Hopefully the psychiatric help she needs.

Once her mental health recovers I can't think of a worse punishment than knowing she killed her own babies.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 09:26 AM)
Hopefully the psychiatric help she needs.

Once her mental health recovers I can't think of a worse punishment than knowing she killed her own babies.

Her story was on Dateline last night. The reality is starting to hit. It's not pretty and I agree it's a horrible internal punishment.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 09:35 AM)
Her story was on Dateline last night. The reality is starting to hit. It's not pretty and I agree it's a horrible internal punishment.

Even if she does get the help she needs and "recovers," she will ALWAYS be connected to that. She will lead a lonely, lonely life. She should probably be institutionalized forever, just because she can constantly be on suicide watch. What a horrible story.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 10:26 AM)
Even if she does get the help she needs and "recovers," she will ALWAYS be connected to that. She will lead a lonely, lonely life. She should probably be institutionalized forever, just because she can constantly be on suicide watch. What a horrible story.

She will 99.9% be in for life. That was the point of getting the insanity verdict. There was a possibility she would have gotten out otherwise. She doesn't want to get out. She (thankfully) realizes she's sick.

I agree with Steff and Soxy and I also think the husband should have been up on charges. He knew she was suffering from PPD and continued to knock her up and ignore the signs. She should never have been alone with those kids, not even for a minute.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 10:56 AM)
I agree with Steff and Soxy and I also think the husband should have been up on charges. He knew she was suffering from PPD and continued to knock her up and ignore the signs. She should never have been alone with those kids, not even for a minute.

While Rusty contributed to the problem, the doctors that were treating her should have admitted her into a facility loooooog before she had Mary. They, IMO, definitely hold some responsibility for the death of those children as well.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 11:06 AM)
While Rusty contributed to the problem, the doctors that were treating her should have admitted her into a facility loooooog before she had Mary. They, IMO, definitely hold some responsibility for the death of those children as well.

Are you thinkin' there will be a civil suit against the doctors?