And That's A White Sox Loss

Flash Tizzle

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 04:05 PM)
you can listen to the postgame on www.670thescore.com

he'll probably talk about how he's not worried and that the clubhouse is still light and having fun.

Meanwhile we suck.

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 04:05 PM)
you can listen to the postgame on www.670thescore.com

Hi my name is Chris Rongey. And as I look at today, we are so close to running off a 10 game win streak. have faith whitesox fans. Mark was just unable to make a big pitch, he almost got out of the game unscaithed. Our hitting is almost there. We are still in the wild card lead, and I will drink to that. We have a few months to play great baseball and rattle off 40 in a row.

pinkbunnyrongey.jpg

We can recover when we start producing on both sides.

Granted, giving up seven runs is unacceptable, but this 2-3 run sheet is killing us. Or being unable to score but once during a game.

Somebody in the game thread talked about how Minny sprays balls all over the field and hits homers when we make pitching mistakes. HELLO.

HERE'S MY LESSON: DON'T HATE MINNESOTA. DON'T ENVY THEM. E M U L A T E THEM! IT'S WHAT WE DID LAST SEASON! WE'RE STILL NOT MATHEMATICALLY OUT OF IT YET, SO...until that time, I'd suggest we take a look at them as something which should be emulated, and quick.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 04:07 PM)
how long before attendence drops?

Next April, and maybe the KC series.

This team looks like toast. Buerhle was pitiful again today, and maybe all the innings have caught up to him. To give up 7 runs to a Twins team without Hunter or Mauer is pretty disheartening. Ozzie's managerial moves blew up in his face again today. For some reason, he likes to have the opponent's best hitter always have a chance to beat him.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 04:08 PM)

Hi my name is Chris Rongey. And as I look at today, we are so close to running off a 10 game win streak. have faith whitesox fans. Mark was just unable to make a big pitch, he almost got out of the game unscaithed. Our hitting is almost there. We are still in the wild card lead, and I will drink to that. We have a few months to play great baseball and rattle off 40 in a row.

If you would have told KW and Ozzie that the Sox would be going into August still not having played their best ball yet but still be in this position, they'd take it in a second. Remember they still have the 3rd best record in baseball . . . high five?

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 04:08 PM)
We can recover when we start producing on both sides.

Granted, giving up seven runs is unacceptable, but this 2-3 run sheet is killing us. Or being unable to score but once during a game.

Somebody in the game thread talked about how Minny sprays balls all over the field and hits homers when we make pitching mistakes. HELLO.

HERE'S MY LESSON: DON'T HATE MINNESOTA. DON'T ENVY THEM. E M U L A T E THEM! IT'S WHAT WE DID LAST SEASON! WE'RE STILL NOT MATHEMATICALLY OUT OF IT YET, SO...until that time, I'd suggest we take a look at them as something which should be emulated, and quick.

We did emulate them. I remember a post season KW speech talking about grinders. How we will play baseball the right way. Then our guys did that, and this year our hitters saw the fence so close, and then they said to themselves, well if I just get it up in the air it should go. Sportscenter will have me on, and life will be good.

How about that Mark Buehrle? He's been TERRIBLE as of late. It may be to a point where, unless he rebounds, we may have to reconsider his option for next year. Is it worth paying Buehrle 10 million if he's producing at his current rate? I'm sure he'll rebound -- it's impossible to remain this bad -- but if he's giving up 5ER every other outing it may be wise to consider another path.

It's past the point where this is a slump. He's either been completely figured out or pitching through an injury.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 04:11 PM)
How about Mark Buehlre? He's TERRIBLE. It may be to a point where, unless he rebounds, we may have to reconsider his option for next year. Is it worth paying Buehrle 10 million if he's producing at his current rate? I'm sure he'll rebound -- it's impossible to remain this bad -- but if he's giving up 5ER every other outing it may be wise to consider another path.

It's past the point where this is a slump. He's either been completely figured out or pitching through an injury.

Don't worry, Coop will fix him.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 09:10 PM)
Who gives a fish about attendance? This team has bigger fish to fry.

I know what you mean, but attendance in baseball is still very vital. Since our payroll is determined by it, it'll be nice to see packed houses the rest of the way.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 04:11 PM)
How about Mark Buehlre? He's TERRIBLE. It may be to a point where, unless he rebounds, we may have to reconsider his option for next year. Is it worth paying Buehrle 10 million if he's producing at his current rate? I'm sure he'll rebound -- it's impossible to remain this bad -- but if he's giving up 5ER every other outing it may be wise to consider another path.

Well at least we have Bmac to pitch to a batter or two with men on. We can then mothball him till the royals series.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 03:11 PM)
How about that Mark Buehrle? He's been TERRIBLE as of late. It may be to a point where, unless he rebounds, we may have to reconsider his option for next year. Is it worth paying Buehrle 10 million if he's producing at his current rate? I'm sure he'll rebound -- it's impossible to remain this bad -- but if he's giving up 5ER every other outing it may be wise to consider another path.

i totally agree.