And That's A White Sox Loss

Flash Tizzle

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 04:08 PM)
HERE'S MY LESSON: DON'T HATE MINNESOTA. DON'T ENVY THEM. E M U L A T E THEM! IT'S WHAT WE DID LAST SEASON! WE'RE STILL NOT MATHEMATICALLY OUT OF IT YET, SO...until that time, I'd suggest we take a look at them as something which should be emulated, and quick.

This isn't meant to criticize you, LVSoxFan, but why don't people hold this issue for our minor league system as well?

We're willing to emulate Minnesota's team philosophy of pitching and defense, why not attempt to follow a similar order for their method of scouting? Or developing players? Find out the particular players they look for in trades or drafts and attempt to mimmick it.

Can you imagine how bad this would feel if we hadn't won the world series last year? Think of how miserable you would feel if we got so close last year, had great expectations coming into this season that we would finally win one, and then this happens.

So i guess it could be worse. 2005, the greatest year of my life.... (although junior year of college was pretty close too)

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 09:16 PM)
Can you imagine how bad this would feel if we hadn't won the world series last year? Think of how miserable you would feel if we got so close last year, had great expectations coming into this season that we would finally win one, and then this happens.

So i guess it could be worse. 2005, the greatest year of my life.... (although junior year of college was pretty close too)

Absolutely correct. I made this same point yesterday. This sucks right now, but it is 100 times easier to take after what happened last year.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 04:16 PM)
Absolutely correct. I made this same point yesterday. This sucks right now, but it is 100 times easier to take after what happened last year.

I don't know. Its still fishing me up. I could go for a drink right now.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 04:15 PM)
This isn't meant to criticize you, LVSoxFan, but why don't people hold this issue for our minor league system as well?

We're willing to emulate Minnesota's team philosophy of pitching and defense, why not attempt to follow a similar order for their method of scouting? Or developing players? Find out the particular players they look for in trades or drafts and attempt to mimmick it.

Can't disagree with you. I think, post-WS, KW has fallen in love with the art of deal-making and even moreso now that he has some $ to spend.

But yes, take a mid-market approach and run with it.

I mean, sheet: Minnesota's without three starters? No problemo, just bring up three. And look at them.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 04:19 PM)
Post allstar break stars

Konerko .167 BA

Pods .235 with a .297 OBP

AJ .147BA

Cintron is hitting .231

Post allstar we have a 5.61ERA

Post allstar break we are batting .245

We are the KC Royals right now.

yeah only there team payroll is about 65 milllion less than ours.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 04:14 PM)
OK, is time to start looking at Buehrle the same we look at Garcia or Vazquez? I mean, this is 5 horrible starts in a row. I thought he'd pull it together but there doesn't seem to be an end in sight.

Who would have thought Garland is our best and most reliable starting pitcher right now?

Just sweep the Baltimore series. The Twins and Tigers are playing each other these next three games. I kinda wish the Tigers will sweep the Twins, but I doubt it, especially with Liriano and Santana going for the Twins on Friday and Sunday, respectively.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 04:21 PM)
Ozzie praising the Hell out of Minnesota, refusing to point fingers. Not going to consider putting McCarthy in the rotation. Didn't really even talk to the team after the game.

Hooray

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 04:23 PM)
maybe once some of our starters ERA's drift into the 7's we can think about mixing something up.

you know when were 10 games outta the wild card.

Hehh hehhe hehe ehhhe. I needed that

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 04:07 PM)
he'll probably talk about how he's not worried and that the clubhouse is still light and having fun.

Meanwhile we suck.

Ozzie will say its Still July, Weve got alot of games left against the Tigers and the Twins.