Hawk and DJ talking about Boning Bats

SoxPhan7

During the game on either Sunday or monday, Hawk was talking about how he used to bone his bat and it was a hilarious exchange between Hawk and DJ.

I have told my brother about it but I cant remember everything about the discussion. So, does anyone remember how the conversation went? or have it recorded? or perhaps even the transcripts?

Any thing will help because it was the funniest thing in the booth this year so far.

I don't really see what's so funny about it. If you're using a wood bat you can take a bone and rub it up and down the bat (boning) filling in many of the gaps with bone hense hardening the bat. It's pretty much standard practice. I guess some of the terminology might be relatively humorous if you're in Junior High.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 05:30 PM)
I don't really see what's so funny about it. If you're using a wood bat you can take a bone and rub it up and down the bat (boning) filling in many of the gaps with bone hense hardening the bat. It's pretty much standard practice. I guess some of the terminology might be relatively humorous if you're in Junior High.

It's better backwards:

I don't really see what's so funny about it. If you're using a wood bone you can take a bat and rub it up and down the bone (batting) filling in many of the gaps with bat hense hardening the bone. It's pretty much standard practice. I guess some of the terminology might be relatively humorous if you're in Junior High.

Sorry Kalapse, its been a very long, very bad day, and not just for the White Sox.