Minnesota Twins Post Mortem Playoff Thread

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(iguchi=dank @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 01:08 PM)
Don't know if i heard right but i think they said gardenhire is sick and not going with team to next roadtrip or something like that.. i could be wrong on that, was confusing

he has had the flu and hasnt managed since Sunday

2 ugly losses at a bad time

QUOTE(iguchi=dank @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 11:24 AM)
Its huge b/c santana lost his last start.. at least the team did i think, now this game. thats gonna cost them bigtime.

Well punto made a throw that was low i guess.. but it was still mourneu's falt. All 3 plays that were f'ed up were b/c of the canadian. 2 on balls that he didn't pick and one on a groundball to his right

The TWins came back Santana's last start. It was the game that Bonderman was rolling in until the 8th inning when the Twins came from behind to win.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 06:04 PM)
The TWins came back Santana's last start. It was the game that Bonderman was rolling in until the 8th inning when the Twins came from behind to win.

my bad you are correct. Twins 2 BAD loses at home where they have been SO hot last 2 months

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 08:28 PM)
Justin Morneau just became the first Twins hitter since 1987 (!!!) to have a 30 home run season

he hit a 2 run jack off Zumaya to put the Twins ahead 4-3 in the 8th

he is putting up a MVP-type season

avg above .320

30 HR

101 RBI

It's an MVP season, but no one matches Ortiz.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 01:45 PM)
wow how is it possible no one has had a 30 HR season for what 19 seasons... I could maybe understand 40 but wow thats kind of pathetic but at the same time they have been pretty successfull as of late..

The Twins have never been based on/a promoter of power. They let David Ortiz go for that very reason. And they have been a fairly successful club over that time span, so the results aren't that hard to argue with.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 07:25 PM)
Garza is looking a bit wild in the first, but has good stuff. 2-0 Blue Jays on an Overbay double that went under the worlds best fielding centerfielder's diving glove.

I assume by "good stuff", in context with our minor league pitchers, that is 88-90 mph fastball and an 80 mph curveball? Right?

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 07:32 PM)
I assume by "good stuff", in context with our minor league pitchers, that is 88-90 mph fastball and an 80 mph curveball? Right?

94-98 MPH fastball. Making a lot of mistakes up in the zone, changeup is medicore but he keeps throwing it. Good curve and slider, though.