Minnesota Twins Post Mortem Playoff Thread

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 06:58 PM)
I cant believe I got excited when rumors were floating arounf last year that Kris Benson might be in a Twins uni

the Twins are teeing off on him. Mauer with a double and triple and Morneau with a HR and its only the 3rd inning

lol, Pittsburgh wanted Morneau for him, but Minnesota was only offering Mientkiewicz

I wonder why Ryan would do that :bang :D

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 09:13 PM)
wow

the Royals could beat the Twins tonight

its 2-0 in the top of the 9th.

Matt Garza pitched very good, just ran into a couple of bloopers in the 5th inning

And a huge drive that hit the centerfield fence on a fly. Was that a blooper?

Bad news for the Twins. Radke will miss his next start.

The news was not all good for Minnesota, though. Right-hander Brad Radke, whose start had already been pushed back by three days, will miss his next scheduled turn on Saturday because of persistent pain in his shoulder. Radke tried to play catch Wednesday, but couldn't. He has been pitching with a torn labrum

I'll be surprised if he's able to give them anything the rest of the season.

More news on Radke.

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/...sp&c_id=min

NEW YORK -- The prospect of Brad Radke returning to the Twins rotation this season took a blow on Friday, when the pitcher was diagnosed with a stress fracture to the glenoid bone in his right shoulder.

The glenoid bone, which essentially is the socket and the cartilage surface of the shoulder joint, is not an area of the body where fractures commonly occur.

"It's an extremely rare problem," Twins physician Dr. Dan Buss said.

Just how rare the injury is was best signified by Buss' statement that he is unaware of any other athlete having such an injury. Doctors have been researching the injury and haven't found any guidelines to follow.

Radke had remained in Minnesota to undergo more examinations on his shoulder, which has kept him from pitching since Aug. 25, when he threw just two innings in a start at Chicago. The pitcher had undergone an MRI a little over three weeks ago, but no fracture had been found.

The decision to run more tests came after Radke recently underwent his second cortisone shot in the past two months to try to alleviate the discomfort he was experiencing from a tear in his right labrum. Radke has been pitching through the pain of the tear all season, but the recent shot's ineffectiveness concerned the Twins doctors.

Radke had tried to play catch on Wednesday in anticipation for a start on Saturday in New York, but he was unable to throw with any strength and felt a lot of pain.

"It was not making sense that it wouldn't get better with the shot from last weekend," Buss said. "So we decided to re-do the MRI scan."

As a result of the fracture, Radke will be unable to throw for two to three weeks.

"This injury won't heal until he rests," Buss said.

The injury is unwelcome news to the Twins, who were hoping Radke could return soon to help ease the burden of having three first-year pitchers in the rotation. Radke was 12-9 with a 4.46 ERA in 27 starts so far this season. There is some lingering hope that Radke might be able to return this season, but it's tempered, at best.

"I wouldn't say I'm optimistic, but my hope is that he would be able to pitch sometime this year," Buss said. "There is a possibility we could have him ready right at the end of the season.

Well with him pretty much gone for the season the sox need to distance themselves as much as possible from the Twins. If the sox don't make it then it's because they don't belong there.

Can somebody explain the Twins game to me...

They scored 4 runs in the top of the 8th, but New York was never given the opportunity to match in the bottom of the 8th (or at least that's how the MLB.com box score reads.) Only one batter was pitched to...

I thought the rule was that you had to finish the inning, unless the home team was ahead, for the game to be official. -- I suppose they could have wiped the Twins runs in the 8th and called the game after the 7th for the Twins (2-1), but you can't say they won the game 6-1 when they got 3 extra outs. Officially, the 8th inning didn't happen.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 02:17 PM)
So Boof Bonser and Scott Baker have had a better start this week than anyone not named Jon Garland on the Sox rotation in about a month.

has it only been a month? goddamn rondell white has 5 HR all year, and in the last week 2 of them have been big go ahead homers

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 02:47 PM)
Twins win.....it must be nice to be able to win a game when you only score 2 runs. Gardenhire managed a superb game today, taking out Bonser before he would face someone who had done some damage against him.

Aww com'on....

Our last victory over an AL opponent when we score 3 runs or less was May 24th.

We've won 5 games this season when scoring 3 or fewer, with the last coming against Anthony Reyes and the Cardinals. The other 4 were all before May 25th.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 03:05 PM)
Aww com'on....

Our last victory over an AL opponent when we score 3 runs or less was May 24th.

We've won 5 games this season when scoring 3 or fewer, with the last coming against Anthony Reyes and the Cardinals. The other 4 were all before May 25th.

Wow. That's absolutely pathetic.