Sox SP Turnaround?

iguchi=dank

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 27, 2006 -> 09:48 AM)
Honestly, what are we supposed to talk about during this post ASB slump? Messages of doubt are repetitive because this team is losing.........repeatively. We all can't hold Jphat's view of the baseball world.

CC's post may have actually made sense if it were directed towards a post where the entire season were in doubt. Instead, a statement was made of an apparent collapse (which, considering how far we've fallen lately, can't be dismissed) and a question of why we should be optimistic of our playoff chances.

And your last sentence doesn't apply to this thread. Original poster wrote his opinion and asked for ours. Honestly, it's not even practical. How would legitimate discussions arise? People can't avoid issues they oppose that easily. Even on an internet message board. If someone titles their thread, "THIS TEAM IS DONE," and it's obviously negative in tone, are those who disagree with their assessment not allowed in? That's the way it was seem from your little rule. If I would have to stay out of a positive thread as not to ruin for those hopeful, shouldn't you (among others) have to stay out of negative threads? Don't want to ruin the negativity for those who don't believe a comeback is possible, right? You should know it doesn't work like that. There's a reason you've told people 5,533,234,322,000 times.

Dude, first you called me middle-aged, :fight now you're saying I don't make sense. This Harry character made like 4 or 5 posts in this thread alone before I posted...my reply was to all of them. He has also been preaching the same garbage for 2 weeks. He also wants facts on something that is not fact based. There are no facts on baseball games that haven't been played. Some people think we can win games and come out of this funk and some don't.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 27, 2006 -> 09:49 AM)
Hey if the Twins and Tigers continue to play .800 ball, THEY DESERVE THE DIVISION and I'll tip my hat to them and hold my head high. Not many teams will catch teams that are playing that well.

Hey, and this is the thing that SOX fans have to acknowledge. The Tigers are US in 05. Cant tell you how many times ive been out, and someone will come up to me and say HEY SOX FAN HOW BOUT THOSE TIGERS? expecting me to say they suck or whatever. I say hey man, those Tigers are something else. They are just like us last year, doing all the little things to win. I have no problem complimenting a team like that, and you know what, if we lose to them, it just tells you how good our Division and League is. If your team has a stretch of Phoniness and that costs them the division, so be it. I wouldnt want it any other way. We know what this teams capable of , but if they dont want to execute, bunt right, make good pitches, than let the Tigers run away with it. It feels bad, but were losing to a very good team. I also remind Tiger fans that theyre team is being run by a lot of Ex SOX front office staff, so we deserve some props too

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 27, 2006 -> 09:49 AM)
Hey if the Twins and Tigers continue to play .800 ball, THEY DESERVE THE DIVISION and I'll tip my hat to them and hold my head high. Not many teams will catch teams that are playing that well.

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't do either.

Basically, it would signal our insignificance for about the next 5-7 years if Minnesota and Detroit both win over a 100. Unlike Cleveland from last year to now, there's not going to be much turnover in either teams' rotations. It may actually improve in both instances with Sanchez and Garza ready to contribute.