New Line-Up Suggestion

maggsmaggs

QUOTE(chisoxfan14 @ Jul 27, 2006 -> 12:17 PM)
Get rid of Pods!!! WHAT!? are you kidding me!?

Please let's never say that again!!!!!!!

You can always stare at the Podsednik poster in your bedroom after he's traded. :P

"No lineup changes, nothing drastic, nope,'' Walker said.

Great. Seems like everything is just fine in Walker's head. 3-12 in our last 15 games. No need to change anything.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 27, 2006 -> 10:42 AM)
I'm surprised there aren't more people calling for Ozuna to leadoff and Podsednik to sit on the bench.

Ozuna hasn't exactly been great during this stretch either, with a nice 1/19 in July. He also has been a bit better against lefties than against righties, and then there's that whole defense thing.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2006 -> 12:46 PM)
Ozuna hasn't exactly been great during this stretch either, with a nice 1/19 in July. He also has been a bit better against lefties than against righties, and then there's that whole defense thing.

I'm not calling for it.

I'm just surprised that awhile ago, there were a ton of people suggesting it. Now that Ozuna's back on Earth, nobody's clamoring for a bench player to play fulltime anymore...and with good reason!

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 27, 2006 -> 12:49 PM)
I'm not calling for it.

I'm just surprised that awhile ago, there were a ton of people suggesting it. Now that Ozuna's back on Earth, nobody's clamoring for a bench player to play fulltime anymore...and with good reason!

That's funny because we currently have a AAA DH in LF.

QUOTE(iamshack @ Jul 27, 2006 -> 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am not going to defend Podsednik anymore....but for all the pieces of spiff there are to criticize on this team, Scottie takes an extraordinarily disproportionate amount of criticism around here.

ITS OLD.

What in the blue hell are you talking about? The Pods hate has only really been going on since the All-Star break and during the beginning of the season when he was batting under .050

Freddy has been ripped apart all season long.

Vazquez has been ripped since late May

Garland was torned apart all season long up until this pas couple of weeks.

Politte and Widger have (thankfully) been released.

IMO, the only guy who isn't getting the criticism he deserves right now is Mark Buehrle. (Not saying he isn't getting any, just not a fair ammount compared to Garcia, Vazquez and the other two bums we ran out of town.)

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jul 27, 2006 -> 06:38 AM)
LF. Mackowiak

2b. Iguchi

DH. Thome

1b. Konerko

RF. Dye

3b. Crede

C. Pierzynski

SS. Uribe

CF. Anderson

So basically two moves, one Mack in, Pods out. The second, switching Crede and Pierzynski. I think Mack can be a fine defensive LF, much better than Pods and he is a better hitter. Pods isn't stealing bases, so Mack's stolen base potential is nullified. He has a good OBP this year and if he gets some at-bats in a row, his SLUG% will go up. What does everybody think? I am just sick of Pods' D, his horrible clutchness and his inability to be a good leadoff hitter now (SBs, INF singles, bunt singles.) I am also sick of the Anderson platoon, he is hitting now and needs to be in the line-up every day especially because of his D.

I'd leave the lineup as is EXCEPT i would like our 3-4-5 to be Dye-Thome-Konerko....Dye has been our best hitter, and has some speed. I'd also like to see more runners on when Thome and Konerko come up.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 27, 2006 -> 02:17 PM)
Just remember, we have 1 steal in 12 games since the All-Star Break. Carlos Zambrano has more steals and homers than Pods since the ASB.

And yet people question why we'd want Soriano in LF.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 27, 2006 -> 07:20 PM)

If you don't take the re-signing issue into consideration, anyone that would complain about going from Pods to Soriano in LF should just do themselves a favor and stop watching baseball.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 27, 2006 -> 02:17 PM)
Just remember, we have 1 steal in 12 games since the All-Star Break. Carlos Zambrano has more steals and homers than Pods since the ASB.

This stat is truly disturbing. And a telling sign of why we're sucking right now.

Apparently we're standing around waiting for the big bats to homer us in, instead of being aggressive, disruptive, and generally a pain in the ass.

Good luck, 2004 Sox!

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2006 -> 12:46 PM)

Anybody with a brain knew Ozuna wouldn't keep that pace up. Funny, I don't hear anybody endorsing him to be our starting LF anymore.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 27, 2006 -> 02:20 PM)

Yet when I talk about this whole Soriano thing on other boards (non-baseball boards, but in the baseball forum), they all INSIST Anderson is the one who's going to be benched because they're looking at his season average. It's driving me crazy trying to get the point across to these people!

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 27, 2006 -> 03:51 PM)
Anybody with a brain knew Ozuna wouldn't keep that pace up. Funny, I don't hear anybody endorsing him to be our starting LF anymore.

I still think Mackowiak should start in LF and lead off for a while, with Ozuna getting a start once in a while against tough lefties. Same as I've been saying for a long time.