Superstitions. Which one will you employ to stop the losing?

Hangar18

I have a South Side Hitmen tshirt that I wore to game one of the ALCS that has been banished to a box. Im debating whether I should try giving it another shot or destroying it completely. It was 3-0 before that game and has had its fair share of good times at the south side Irish parade. I also might take my Joe Crede dog tags out of my car on game days and wear it under my shirt. Twice when I had it and was watching a game rally Crede had a decisive play.

SPEAKING OF WHICH, has anybody noticed that the Sox have not changed out of their home whites during this whole skid-mark of a home stand?

Usually when they lose, they then switch jerseys and keep wearing them as long as they're winning.

Yet they have not put the black on once this time around. I've never seen that before.

Hmmm... perhaps THIS explains everything.

I'm packing it up and leaving the country.... I've decided to go to europe for the next week or so and see how things go while I'm over there.

If they continue to lose, at least I'll be far removed from the agony

Edited by AbeFroman

Maybe bring up some fireballers from the minors and let them throw at opponents to their hearts content until they are ejected, just to relieve some stress. Then whenever we want to intimidate other teams bring them up again and have them stare from the pen.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Jul 27, 2006 -> 11:54 AM)
Maybe bring up some fireballers from the minors and let them throw at opponents to their hearts content until they are ejected, just to relieve some stress. Then whenever we want to intimidate other teams bring them up again and have them stare from the pen.

What fireballers from the minors.

I washed my jersey, have not yet worn it.

I was growing my sideburns out, got a haircut a few days ago and she trimmed them without my asking. I think that was the day they won. Last night, I trimmed them again.

I have not watched either Sox Pride or the World Series DVDs lately. Hmm...

I wore my Sox cap to work, and that didn't do it. I stopped checking scores at work, and that didn't work either.

I haven't listened to my Gameday Mix but that's because they didn't do well when I did.

What worked last year during the playoffs was I would wear either black, white, or gray underwear. And I would wear white socks. It's been too hot for anything but flip-flops, but if sweaty feet means a win...

Edited by Drew

QUOTE(klaus kinski @ Jul 27, 2006 -> 10:40 PM)
I've tried everything I did last year-including kissing a girl that I kissed right before we clinched in Detroit last September. That didnt work-but the kiss was good.

How old was this girl, if you don't mind my asking?

I ask because you're about fifty years old, says the profile, and I find the term "girl" to be a little odd in that scenario...

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jul 27, 2006 -> 10:33 AM)
I broke out my 92, Jack McDowell jersey to the game to help with this funk. but didnt work.

Next game, Im going with the 83 LaMarr Hoyt jersey for the Yankee game

I'm thinking about changing hats tomorrow. I got a new one in September of 05, and they broke out of their slump and went on to a championship. I have another one waiting, but I'm not sure if I bust it out now, or wait till the postseason. I have a real tough time changing hats...you could say I get too attached, that and it takes a couple of days to break it in. I think they really need it, though.

Oh, and I'll be wearing my Shingo shirt tomorrow, hopefully the luck hasn't run out of that. I need to shave as well.

So...I think I'll shave, put on the Shingo shirt. If that doesn't work, I'm breaking out the new hat for Saturday.

Edited by champ