15 out Vasquez

DrunkBomber

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 03:55 PM)
I'd rather see we traded him for a team willing to pick up his whole contract.

If not, could we banish Vazquez to Siberia.

QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 03:56 PM)
You're being too generous -- that would mean he's still White Sox property for about 10 days. I'd prefer to see "Vazquez to Cubs for Jim Hendry's Underpants"

Are those underpants clean?

Is there anyway we can get Selig to abolish the 6th inning when Javy starts? He and Jerry are close, right? I've just never seen anything like this. It would be much easier to accept if he was just getting drilled from the first inning on. And a big thumbs down to Ozzie for not pulling Vazquez immediately after he allowed the HR to Gibbons.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 03:59 PM)
Is there anyway we can get Selig to abolish the 6th inning when Javy starts? He and Jerry are close, right? I've just never seen anything like this.

This idea has some real merit. It'd be like having no 13th floor in a high-rise. Just make it inning 5 and inning 5A.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 03:55 PM)
On the TV right now

Pitch 1-30 5.55 ERA

Pitch 31-45 1.83

Pitch 46-60 1.65 ERA

pitch 61.-75 3.50 ERA

76 on 10.12 ERA

Can someone make about 1000 copies of this and Tee Pee Ozzies house. Because he and Coop are the only ones completely unaware of how obvious this is.

Coop will fix it.

Had the Sox actually won today, I would have called it a good win. Difference from yesterday is that my expectations for Vazquez are basically non-existant, and any game won by the Sox with Vazquez on the mound is a good performance.

This team was so fun to watch through the end of May. Then you realized the pitching really wasn't that good and now we're just bad in general. Frustrating season so far.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 03:55 PM)
Can someone make about 1000 copies of this and Tee Pee Ozzies house. Because he and Coop are the only ones completely unaware of how obvious this is.

:lolhitting

I would still say that he has faith in dis kid. Let's try working taking Vazquez out after the 5th into his sensitivity training.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 04:04 PM)
Javy Vazquez is a more expensive version of the 5th starter by committe.

What is Gary Glover up to these days?

Edited by Greg The Bull Luzinski

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 09:04 PM)
Had the Sox actually won today, I would have called it a good win. Difference from yesterday is that my expectations for Vazquez are basically non-existant, and any game won by the Sox with Vazquez on the mound is a good performance.

This team was so fun to watch through the end of May. Then you realized the pitching really wasn't that good and now we're just bad in general. Frustrating season so far.

I just hate that the Yankees made a huge upgrade today, and it sounds like the Twins will do something prior to the deadline.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 04:06 PM)
I just hate that the Yankees made a huge upgrade today, and it sounds like the Twins will do something prior to the deadline.

Yep.

And it's so frustrating to have to PROP UP a guy who is getting $9 million a year and cost the best prospect in the farm system. You can bet that Guillen and Cooper are slow on the draw because they can't believe they have to do it either. In my mind, the time to figure it out is past. Start McCarthy or risk losing the rest of the team. Seriously.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 03:58 PM)
If our 3-4-5 starting rotation combo by tomorrow night is still Buehrle-Garcia-Vazquez, then Ozzie and KW are a joke.

At least get us another bat.

I wouldn't want Williams overpaying for a bat. As this series has shown, our offense isn't the main problem.

Personally, I would want one of three scenarios to occur: trade Garcia (which is the least likely), limit Vazquez to five innings (unless the lead is substantial), or insert McCarthy into the rotation and demote one of Garcia/Vazquez into the bullpen.

Edited by Flash Tizzle