Anybody Else Getting Burned on this Grinder Party Thing?

LVSoxFan

I RSVP'd the last week, well before the deadline, only to find out from my boss that you're supposed to get tix in the mail as well--what they sent you in the mail originally look like the tix you need; they're NOT.

So when that didn't happen I called yesterday and left detailed message along with my customer number. No call back. This morning I called again and when I mentioned what I was calling for, the person at the White Sox audibly sighed and passed me on to the sales agents. I said something to the effect of "I guess this is becoming a problem" he grunted "Yeah."

Then I get the vox mail for some agent and I leave message, again detailed. He calls while I'm at lunch and says... They have no record of me ever rsvp'ing.

Here it comes.

You know, I hate when I follow the rules, and I get screwed. Especially by a team that I've poured so much money into over the years. This was supposed to be a "thank you" from them, now it's turning into a "f____ you."

:crying

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jul 27, 2006 -> 02:15 PM)
I RSVP'd the last week, well before the deadline, only to find out from my boss that you're supposed to get tix in the mail as well--what they sent you in the mail originally look like the tix you need; they're NOT.

So when that didn't happen I called yesterday and left detailed message along with my customer number. No call back. This morning I called again and when I mentioned what I was calling for, the person at the White Sox audibly sighed and passed me on to the sales agents. I said something to the effect of "I guess this is becoming a problem" he grunted "Yeah."

Then I get the vox mail for some agent and I leave message, again detailed. He calls while I'm at lunch and says... They have no record of me ever rsvp'ing.

Here it comes.

You know, I hate when I follow the rules, and I get screwed. Especially by a team that I've poured so much money into over the years. This was supposed to be a "thank you" from them, now it's turning into a "f____ you."

I got my tickets... :P

Listen, are you really in the mood to celebrate these clows right now? Consider it a blessing.

A lot of folks got shafted on this. Called, didn't get tickets, called back.. "sorry.. it's full". How is it full? You know how many invites you sent out.. didn't you realize you sent out too many..??

The included ST holders, those who participated in Dog Day, and those who booked suites and patio parties. Several folks we know got more than 1 set of invites as well.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 27, 2006 -> 02:39 PM)
A lot of folks got shafted on this. Called, didn't get tickets, called back.. "sorry.. it's full". How is it full? You know how many invites you sent out.. didn't you realize you sent out too many..??

The included ST holders, those who participated in Dog Day, and those who booked suites and patio parties. Several folks we know got more than 1 set of invites as well.

They obviously didn't learn from SoxFest

QUOTE(salty99 @ Jul 27, 2006 -> 02:50 PM)
They obviously didn't learn from SoxFest

They had nothing to do with the overbooking of Soxfest.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jul 27, 2006 -> 02:56 PM)
Oh this is the White Sox organization through and through.

For sure.

I got my tickets and I rsvp'd on the last day. It is goofy though. If you look at the big tickets somewhere on there is does say they are good for entrance, but I guess not. If its something that the Sox screwed up, I'll guarantee my rep had something to do with it. Those who haven't been to these before, its a lot of fun. Its basically a patio party but you can go on the field and in the dugouts, and I think they let you in the visiting clubhouse. It was dissappointing they didn't have it last year, so I am really looking forward to it. I guess they are going to have the WS trophy there as well for photos.

That's what I don't get. The passes I hold say they are good for entry and then I find out you need ADDITIONAL tix. Fine, so I RSVP.

So now they screw that up and I'm being un-invited. I did everything they asked.

I just got back. It was pretty cool. The weather sucked so you couldn't go on the field so that really blew because that was what I wanted to do. Got another picturewith the trophy. Good food ,beer , etc.

IT WAS REALLY CROWDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 27, 2006 -> 04:23 PM)
Why don't you guys let me help you avoid the aggravation by having you guys hand over all your tix to me. :D

I have two for tomorrow if you can make your way to Beverly. I also have two at Will Call PM me.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Jul 27, 2006 -> 08:50 PM)
I just got back. It was pretty cool. The weather sucked so you couldn't go on the field so that really blew because that was what I wanted to do. Got another picturewith the trophy. Good food ,beer , etc.

IT WAS REALLY CROWDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have two for tomorrow if you can make your way to Beverly. I also have two at Will Call PM me.

you have a pm.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jul 27, 2006 -> 02:15 PM)

Here it comes.

The SOX did drop the ball this time with this, making it way more difficult than it needed to be with the rsvp'ing, Pin Number for certificates etc etc. Next time they wont do this system.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 27, 2006 -> 02:59 PM)
They had nothing to do with the overbooking of Soxfest.

They should have some part in it shouldn't they? Aren't the Sox the ones that printed up the tickets for Soxfest? They should be able to control how many Soxfest tickets the Hyatt gets and gives out.

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 12:06 PM)
They should have some part in it shouldn't they? Aren't the Sox the ones that printed up the tickets for Soxfest? They should be able to control how many Soxfest tickets the Hyatt gets and gives out.

No, the Sox didn't print up the tickets. Ticketmaster did. The Sox told the Hyatt how many THEY were comfortable with. They Hyatt's plan is to generate revenue so booking more rooms and giving away more tickets is how they make $$.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 01:33 PM)
No, the Sox didn't print up the tickets. Ticketmaster did. The Sox told the Hyatt how many THEY were comfortable with. They Hyatt's plan is to generate revenue so booking more rooms and giving away more tickets is how they make $$.

OK, that makes sense now. It just seems like the Sox should have more control over that.

I know they nearly doubled the amount of people allowed into Soxfest itself but did they actually book more rooms this year as well?