7/28/2006 White Sox v. Orioles

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 12:11 AM)
they seem to be very stubborn on some points, and the starting pitchers is the biggest

Plain and simple, if these 5 starters don't improve, we're done. McCarthy won't be taking the spot of anyone in the rotation this year.

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dick, exactly it doesn't make any sense at all.

I've stopped trying to figure it out....

Maybe this will help you figure it out ... why trade a guy under your control who's shown potential for a guy(s) who can be a FA in two months. With a contract extension it's one thing, without an extension it's an entirely different story.

Nice team effort there. Freddy gives up an easy hit. Freddy doesn't hold the runner on first. AJ throws the ball into CF and now we have a batter at third with no out.

When is this team going to show ANY intensity?

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 07:12 PM)
I don't understand all the consternation with not putting McCarthy in the starting rotation. There is only one of him and there are 3 starters at the moment who are ineffective.

Ineffective is the nice way to put it. They've been horrendous.

And an error on Pierzynski. We continue to shine.

My mom just suggested I become a Cub fan. I literally almost mauled her to death.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 07:12 PM)
It's beyond unbelievable that he isnt in there, it truely is. Is KW so worried about an injury coming in the next two months? Does he not understand that Vazquez and Garcia just plain suck? McCarthy has no defined role on this team. They don't use him in Long Relief, because Ozzie leaves the starters out there, no matter how hard they get rocked.

I remember Steve Stone saying that the only reason Vaz is still out there is because of trade value. I'm worried that KW might not want to move him to the bullpen because nobody will want to trade for him after the season. I don't like it, but I don't know what else to think.

QUOTE(G&T @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 07:15 PM)
I remember Steve Stone saying that the only reason Vaz is still out there is because of trade value. I'm worried that KW might not want to move him to the bullpen because nobody will want to trade for him after the season. I don't like it, but I don't know what else to think.

I can't see where he's adding to his trade value pissing away lead after lead.

I hope Ozzie throws a fishing gigantic spifffit in the clubhouse later. This lack of intensity is pathetic.

These guys are making 100 million dollars. Heads should fishing roll.

I find it interesting that Ozzie has publicly reacted to this awful stretch by acting like it is no big deal. I see no intensity, fire, frustration, urgency from him. No wonder the team isn't showing any fire either.

Edited by SoxHawk1980

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 07:17 PM)

Exactly, he pretty much is a fit for the long relief role. 4 great innings and then he sucks.

Freddy Garcia sucks.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 07:17 PM)

AT LEAST HE CAN GIVE US 200 INNINGS. HE'S A WORKHORSE.

Nevermind the fact that the 200 innings will result in roughly 200 runs for the opposition.