7/28/2006 White Sox v. Orioles

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 07:30 PM)
I've thought of that, and wonder if they would give him that much more velocity.

I kinda doubt it, but this whole team looks like it could use a caffeine pill.

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I take issue with this. Ozzie took this club where it hadn't gone in, like, 100 years. I am sick of hearing how sh***y Ozzie is, when his starting pitchers have summarily lost their velocity and overall effectiveness. Nobody could manage this starting staff into a pennant winner. Their effectiveness is integral to the team's success and he has done everything to help, coddle and instil confidence.

Ozzie, what have you done for us lately. I give him a lot of credit for 2005. Thank you Ozzie. Congrats. Now, let us focus on THIS YEAR. Ozzie is not doing a good job THIS YEAR. You go ahead and give him his lifetime achievement award and use last year to alibi every mistake and failure he makes for the rest of his career. I'll hold him accountable for current actions (as it should be).

I'll hold him accountable for current actions (as it should be).

I'll hold the players responsible, since they're the ones ultimately responsible for getting the job done.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 12:33 AM)
I'll hold the players responsible, since they're the ones ultimately responsible for getting the job done.

Everyone sucks right now. If the "team" doesn't pick it up, they're going to be awfully disappointed with how this season ends.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 07:31 PM)
Ozzie, what have you done for us lately. I give him a lot of credit for 2005. Thank you Ozzie. Congrats. Now, let us focus on THIS YEAR. Ozzie is not doing a good job THIS YEAR. You go ahead and give him his lifetime achievement award and use last year to alibi every mistake and failure he makes for the rest of his career. I'll hold him accountable for current actions (as it should be).

Stop being crazy please. has ozzie been perfect this season? no. was he perfect last year? not perfect.

But he's a good manager and sometimes its just the players fault and right now our pitching sucks and it has brought down the hitting. GOOD JOB JIM. get to second next time please

I think both the players and the manager deserve the credit when they win and the blame when they lose. I gave them credit when they won it all last year. They all deserve the blame for this horrible face plant.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 07:28 PM)
Last year, McCarthy was a huge spark plug for the team. We were slumping when he made a big start at Texas, and his great performance got this team back on the right track. However, by the time he'd be ready to throw 100 pitches in a game, we might be 5 or 6 games back.

I wish they would explain circumstances which may lend McCarthy's role in the rotation.

Continued ineffectiveness from our starters cannot continue to occur if we're serious about a playoff run.

Atleast give him a chance. How could it possibly hurt more than this current streak? It's better attempting change than doing nothing and thinking 'what if' after the seasons.

Stop being crazy please. has ozzie been perfect this season? no. was he perfect last year? not perfect.

But he's a good manager and sometimes its just the players fault and right now our pitching sucks and it has brought down the hitting. GOOD JOB JIM. get to second next time please

And sometimes the manager makes things worse (like by leaving failing starting pitchers in too long, and mishandling the bullpen). And sometimes a manager does a poor job of motivating his team to get them out of slumps. Ozzie deserves his share of the blame.