7/28/2006 White Sox v. Orioles

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 07:40 PM)
I'll ask again since nobody answered before.

If we get crushed this weekend, would you be angry at KW for having a white flag trade?

As long as it doesn't involve Thome. I almost cried when we lost A-Row, and then I fell in love with Thome. He is one of my heroes right now, along with AJ Hawk and Conan O'Brien. Please, just keep Thome.

But I have a feeling he could trade Thome and acquire the Truth as the new DH... oh god, I'm going to go vomit.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 12:40 AM)
I don't rip on PK very often, but that's just BS coming from a guy of his caliber. He's got to get that run in. fk me.

He used to be such a professional hitter at the plate. Now, he's in complete pull mode. All he does is either K, homer, pop up to the right side, or hit a weak grounder to 3rd base.

If we get crushed this weekend, would you be angry at KW for having a white flag trade?

He better not. They still would only be 3 1/2 out. Too many bandwagon season ticketholders not renewing could really put the White Sox in a bind.

Yes, this team could be good next year. Plus there's no way to orchestrate a mass sell off with these contracts in one day.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 07:37 PM)
And sometimes the manager makes things worse (like by leaving failing starting pitchers in too long, and mishandling the bullpen). And sometimes a manager does a poor job of motivating his team to get them out of slumps. Ozzie deserves his share of the blame.

Your right on a few points and I'll give you that. but i think KW has some say on what you can and can't do. and the fact is if you don't put these SP on the DL you can't put em in the bullpen when they make the money they do.. its just a FACT. So in my opinion ozzie is kinda hamstrung in what he can and can't do and his plan is to let these millionairs pitch and pitch till they pitch like there supposed to.. I know it sucks watching but if these 3 don't pick it up were not going to win the WS. so its tough and since they won last year I'm gonna let him have a semi-free pass. its just the way it is

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 07:38 PM)
Shame on us for believing in this team

Shame on KW for sitting on his flipping hands

I'll blame Williams/company more for failing to move McCarthy into the rotation more than standing pat at the deadline.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 06:40 PM)

how? you cant have a white flag trade. we dont have any FA's and everybody WANTS freddy and javy gone so I wouldnt even include that....

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 12:41 AM)
Can Ozzie please try to be agressive. This team has been so fishing passive the past few weeks its disgusting. Our fastest and best base stealer has reached based twice tonight and he's yet to run. He even had a few pitches that got in the dirt (one of which he should have been on 2nd on) where he didn't attempt anything either.

Our offense is in a funk so find other ways. Use hit and runs to force the hitters to shorten the swing and use right field (not to mention put pressure on the defense) and try to steal to get your guys in scoring position so you just need one single as opposed to a couple strung in there.

We can't just sit back and wait for the HR. I don't give two spiffs what a stat guru will tell me about it being dumb to run in front of Thome or Paulie because they can hit HR's, fact of the matter is right now we ain't hitting hr's so you got to push and find other ways to create offense.

Ozzie stop sitting on your ass and start making some agressive calls. Thats what we hired you for, we didn't hire you to sit around and start calling an American League style of baseball (which I consider sub-par baseball because it has no creativity or art and it tends to fail in the playoffs...look at how the Angels, Marlins, White Sox have all succeeded in recent years playing another style).

Ozzie's best asset (by far), is his ability to motivate his team. Whether or not it's the players fault, he massively failing at getting these players "up" for the game.

QUOTE(G&T @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 07:43 PM)
Yes, this team could be good next year. Plus there's no way to orchestrate a mass sell off with these contracts in one day.

That's true. It's a little late to think about that. I was just thinking maybe he could get rid of some of the over-paid starters, free up some money, try to do something in free agency, and make another run next year.

I'm just extremely frustrated.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 05:42 PM)
Yes.

What Greg said times a million. Anyone suggesting a White Flag trade should just quit watching baseball. Yes we suck right now, yes we may not get things figured out, but that doesn't mean we should give up and throw things away. What that would say to a fan base thats been rejuvenated is disgusting and it would probably send this franchise back to its pre-world series championship days.

Even if this team can't survive the talent is there and in the off-season Kenny will just have to go out and make some minor moves. I would also expect our guys to come back with more of a fire and in better shape (and Freddy and maybe some others would probably be gone). No reason to do anything drastic because the talent is there whether or not this team makes it now, its still a team thats going to be dangerous next year and you know Kenny will try even harder again this off-season (regardless of whether we win or lose).