7/28/2006 White Sox v. Orioles

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 12:52 AM)

THe question is who do we replace, Freddy or Buehrle. I'd love to think we could move Freddy for prospects but thats a sign of a team giving up and I don't think Kenny is willing to do that. I'm convinced Freddy got fat and lazy over the off-season and thats why his velocity is down. In Buehrles case he can't locate and his velocity is a bit down as well, but he has had success for an extended period this year and I'd prefer to be on him re-figuring things out.

No matter if we trade Garcia now or in the offseason, I don't think we're going to get much for him at all. I'm all for trading him this weekend, and opening up the position for McCarthy. That type of shake up could really wake up the team, and make them know that no one's role is safe.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 05:49 PM)
That wasn't the question though, it was whether we would accept a White Flag trade, AKA trading our superstars for loads of soon-to-be-ready prospects?

No, it would be completely assinine which is exactly what I said. There is no such thing as taking a bunch of soon to be ready prospects and staying competitive. Its one thing if you retool and move a couple guys for new pieces or different pieces that are quality, its another when you move guys like Dye/Thome/Konerko/Count/Garland.

If we want to retool, we do it in the off-season, not now. If you guys want to see the fan base completely disappear than you can go ahead and deal Buehrle/Vaz/Garcia for prospects and see this organization fail to win for another 80 years.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 07:53 PM)
Hawk and DJ back to dishing out the excuses. Apparently, our players are all struggling because they don't want to be traded away from their bestest friends.

It is downright annoying now. Hawk not even paying attention to the game it seems.

QUOTE(iguchi=dank @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 07:52 PM)
ok.. whatever dude. i'm just trying to get some runs and win a game and have fun. your not

Okay... "I'm trying" to get some runs and win as well, even though I don't play for the team. It's impossible to have fun watching this team right now.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 07:54 PM)
No, it would be completely assinine which is exactly what I said. There is no such thing as taking a bunch of soon to be ready prospects and staying competitive. Its one thing if you retool and move a couple guys for new pieces or different pieces that are quality, its another when you move guys like Dye/Thome/Konerko/Count/Garland.

If we want to retool, we do it in the off-season, not now. If you guys want to see the fan base completely disappear than you can go ahead and deal Buehrle/Vaz/Garcia for prospects and see this organization fail to win for another 80 years.

Got ya. I understand, and agree.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 07:54 PM)
Okay... "I'm trying" to get some runs and win as well, even though I don't play for the team. It's impossible to have fun watching this team right now.

Thanks for a reasonable response. maybe we find a way but that pablo swing will hurt our chances

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 12:52 AM)
I find it amusing that we are considering that Ozzie needs to be more demonstrative. I think he has often treaded a fine and effective line when it comes to overdoing it .......... to the point where nobody listens. I am sure he feels that a giant rant at the moment might backfire, especially if it serves no purpose. Personally, I think he has shown himself to be incedibly intuitive as far as when to push the buttons and when not to. I trust his decision making. Have you considered that nobody could get this team going at the moment. Would it surprise that many people if, despite the way they are playing, they turned things around. Perhaps he feels that he needs to be supportive at this difficult time, rather than assuming the scolding parent.

Screw motivating...how about better strategizing? We seem determined to let the other team's best players consistently beat us with 2 outs.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 05:54 PM)
No matter if we trade Garcia now or in the offseason, I don't think we're going to get much for him at all. I'm all for trading him this weekend, and opening up the position for McCarthy. That type of shake up could really wake up the team, and make them know that no one's role is safe.

I'd rather throw him on the DL if the value isn't there and see what happens. I have no doubt that he was effected by the WBC along with him getting a bit out of shape after winning the world series. I do think he can regain his velocity with the proper work ethic over the off-season.

I wouldn't even think about trading Vaz right now, not when Coop is getting so close (imo) and well Buehrle isn't the type of guy we can just give up on, especially since he works so hard and has been dominant at one point this season.

Shake things up, move Freddy to the DL and see what Brandon can do (or let Freddy pitch out of the pen but I don't know how that would fly).

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 07:55 PM)
Screw motivating...how about better strategizing? We seem determined to let the other team's best players consistently beat us with 2 outs.

That is exactly right. The other team's best players always get a chance to beat the Sox. Paulie out.

QUOTE(zenryan @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 07:58 PM)
I dont understand why Ozzie must always have Pablo in there against lefties.

he isnt a platoon type player. he is a nice spark to have about once a week or in later innings as a PR.

Pods is the worst batter I have ever seen against lefties.

QUOTE(iguchi=dank @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 12:57 AM)
sad thing is we can be mad at pablo there.. but would anyone on this team have done better? .. Hitting is not a strenth anymore for us

Fixed

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 12:58 AM)
Pods is the worst batter I have ever seen against lefties.

How soon people forget Jose Valentin.