7/28/2006 White Sox v. Orioles

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(iguchi=dank @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 06:09 PM)
When things were going good, Dye would crank one out right now.

Its been weeks since we've taken advantage of another teams mistake, or so it seems. Its why we need to start being extra agressive (even if it costs us at times) because than we can try and create more mistakes and create our own opportunities.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 08:09 PM)
Brian, who's the sad cutie in your avatar?

My summer guilty pleasure is Big Brother on CBS. Her name is Janelle, she is one of the players. Don't think she is sad, just looking in the mirror getting made up.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 08:11 PM)
Its been weeks since we've taken advantage of another teams mistake, or so it seems. Its why we need to start being extra agressive (even if it costs us at times) because than we can try and create more mistakes and create our own opportunities.

I'd seriously go back to the Cardinals series.

FYI, the Royals are teeing off on Padilla in Texas. 6-1 in the second inning. I don't think we can count on the Royals laying down like they did earlier in the season. They are playing better. And we are playing much, much worse.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 08:11 PM)
My summer guilty pleasure is Big Brother on CBS. Her name is Janelle, she is one of the players. Don't think she is sad, just looking in the mirror getting made up.

Funny how most reality shows feature runway models. Feels like reality to me.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 06:12 PM)
FYI, the Royals are teeing off on Padilla in Texas. 6-1 in the second inning. I don't think we can count on the Royals laying down like they did earlier in the season. They are playing better. And we are playing much, much worse.

Its not like we have a history of destroying the Royals when we need to anyway. I remember feeling rock bottom last year when we were going to play the Royals and figured that would give us some hope against the Tribe and we really laid and egg. At that point, the Sox reached an all time low but somehow things got better and well the rest is history.

Sometimes new hope can come in the most unlikely of ways. The question is if that will happen this year. And if it does, what will it be.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 08:12 PM)
Funny how most reality shows feature runway models. Feels like reality to me.

She is far from a runway model. Fake boobs but she has some extra lbs on her. Not skinny. Looks healthy.

So he leaves in Garcia to face a lefty to start this inning? Will someone please explain this to me?

I don't disagree with your point but aren't you the one who's always on his ass about bringing in pitchers strictly for the matchup?

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 01:13 AM)
I feel like this is 2003 again when we struggle in September. We need a come from behind win to jolt us.

I thought a few nights ago vs. the twins when Joe was up he was gonna walk it off and that was gonna be our slump buster....well he got a basehit....but no JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEE CCCCCCCCCCRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEE

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 08:13 PM)
So he leaves in Garcia to face a lefty to start this inning? Will someone please explain this to me?

Exactly. If he doesn't think Freddy can get out of this mess now, why leave him in for the lefty? The only thing I can think of is maybe the runner won't be off to the races with Freddy taking a shower.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 01:14 AM)
WHy have him pitch to the lefty. Our pen is relatively fresh, take him out and put it on the pen.

That's one of those decisions where it's hard to think of any reason besides possibly trying to get Garcia the win.