7/28/2006 White Sox v. Orioles

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm for dispatching someone to cause a little "food poisoning" on Bedard again.

If it weren't for Erik being held out last Friday because of food poisoning, we would be missing him this series.

Damn Canadians.

For some reason I have a good feeling about tonight's game.

It would feel so good to get back in the win column.

It's been tough watching them play so bad, hell I think it's put me in a bad mood for a few weeks now.

Time to get back to winning ways.

A win tonight is an absolute springboard if we want to get on a winning streak as we've got guys the next two days (Chen and Benson) that we can light up.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 09:18 PM)
nice props on Around the Horn for KW's decision to make no big moves. Pitching needs to turn it around and they'll be fine.

These same people will criticize him in a month for not making a move if we continue to struggle.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 02:13 PM)
For some reason I have a good feeling about tonight's game.

It would feel so good to get back in the win column.

It's been tough watching them play so bad, hell I think it's put me in a bad mood for a few weeks now.

Time to get back to winning ways.

A win tonight is an absolute springboard if we want to get on a winning streak as we've got guys the next two days (Chen and Benson) that we can light up.

We are doomed...Freddy is at his best when we are all feeling like we have no chance. Think Cincy when we thought we were going to see a whooping and he ended up turning things around.

We will win tonight though...offense is going to show up and I actually do have some confidence in Frederico

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 04:22 PM)
We are doomed...Freddy is at his best when we are all feeling like we have no chance. Think Cincy when we thought we were going to see a whooping and he ended up turning things around.

We will win tonight though...offense is going to show up and I actually do have some confidence in Frederico

Ha! Speak for yourself, IMO we could have thrown Heager out there for a game and come up on top. I probably had more confidence in this team going into that series than any other. The Reds are a horrible team with pathetic starting pitching, defense and an even worse bullpen.

the thing is, today we have to break bedard out of his 7 game win streak in which he has the lowest era in the majors during that run...

AND

Garcia needs to pitch well...

i dont like our chances but who knows...

Cowley has some nice points in an article today, among them:

The problem: As Konerko pointed out after Wednesday's loss, the Sox are carrying too much disappointment from one bad series into the next series.

The solution: One look at the upcoming schedule should cure this problem. The Sox control their own destiny in August, when they play the first-place Tigers seven times and the wild card-leading Yankees three times. There are six meetings with the Twins, with whom the Sox are tied for second place in the division. Mixed in with those key series are five games with the Royals and three games with the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. It's there for the taking.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 05:31 PM)
Ozuna, LF

Iguchi, 2b

Thome, DH

Konerko, 1B

Dye, RF

Crede, 3B

Pierzynski, C

Uribe, SS

Anderson, CF

So Ozuna, but no Alomar...I Likey

good lineup, lets win this thing.

wow, hawk actually ripping the sox... never thought i'd see him lose his optimism.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 05:50 PM)
What did Hawk say?

just talked about how we've done nothing well this year except hit. how this team just isnt playing the way it's supposed to/capable of. nothing that we havent talked about on here... it's just odd to hear it from hawk.